Help, Why can't I burn films onto DVD+R

Why can't I burn the films i've downloaded onto DVD+R discs? my pc is 2
months old and it says: DVDRW R9 on the drive so can I use DVDs or will
i have to go back to using CD's to put films onto. My previous PC was a
CD RW so I bought this so I could make DVD's instead, HELP I'm useless
and it's driving me mad! :confused:

--
LynK74

LynK74 wrote:
> Why can't I burn the films i've downloaded onto DVD+R discs? my pc is
> 2 months old and it says: DVDRW R9 on the drive so can I use DVDs or
> will i have to go back to using CD's to put films onto. My previous
> PC was a CD RW so I bought this so I could make DVD's instead, HELP
> I'm useless and it's driving me mad! :confused:

WinXP does not have the capability to burn DVDs. You need to purchase
DVD burning software. Nero Burning ROM is very good. Did no DVD
burning software come bundled with the computer?

Install the software that came with the drive. They all have burning
programs, as this capability is not native to Windows XP. If your drive
didn't come with a program CD, you will have to purchase a program such as
Roxio Easy Media Creator.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,