How do I add a USB 2 drive?

My XP pro computer has 2 HDD drives and 2 CD drives. I added a USB 2
external drive (parts, no kit)

I went to manage and prepared the drive, but I cannot see it in explorer.
How can I reach it?

thanks
chris

sunny

Chris Kloss wrote:
> My XP pro computer has 2 HDD drives and 2 CD drives. I added a USB 2
> external drive (parts, no kit)
>
> I went to manage and prepared the drive, but I cannot see it in explorer.
> How can I reach it?
>
> thanks
> chris

Click Start/Run...
Type 'diskmgmt.msc' (without quotes)
Click OK

Disk Management will open, and should show your external drive (assuming
it's connected and detected). Right click on the external drive to
format and partition it for use.

Sunny

Thanks, Sunny, worked great!

chris