on logon: repeat failed driver install

August 2, 2005 1:19:32 AM

Where do I go in the registry to remove a run-on-logon or run-on-startup ?

What is happenning is that the updated "full" HP driver install package
failed for my HP 3520 Deskjet -- and left my XP Pro SP2 system with no
printer driver.

Next, I tried the updated "basic" driver install package -- and it worked.
Prints went fine.

I turned the machine off. Next morning on logon I see a dialog box showing a
driver attempting to install, and then a failure message "point to xyz.dll".

I can cancel out of the dialog and get a "driver install failed" message,
but I'd like to permanently get rid of this recurring attempt to complete
the install.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:56:35 PM

HP Photosmart and Deskjet Printers - A 'Files Needed' Error Message
Displays During Printer Driver Installation
Searching the HP support site is a nebulous thing indeed! This page may
help you delete what you need;
'HP Deskjet 3520' (http://tinyurl.com/dgzjx)
Good luck,
Treeman

--
Treeman

August 3, 2005 12:53:39 AM

or how about this:
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
type into the search thingy
3520 Deskjet

(1) drivers and software downloads
(2) Support and troubleshooting information
dsg