on logon: repeat failed driver install

Where do I go in the registry to remove a run-on-logon or run-on-startup ?

What is happenning is that the updated "full" HP driver install package
failed for my HP 3520 Deskjet -- and left my XP Pro SP2 system with no
printer driver.

Next, I tried the updated "basic" driver install package -- and it worked.
Prints went fine.

I turned the machine off. Next morning on logon I see a dialog box showing a
driver attempting to install, and then a failure message "point to xyz.dll".

I can cancel out of the dialog and get a "driver install failed" message,
but I'd like to permanently get rid of this recurring attempt to complete
the install.
2 answers Last reply
More about logon repeat failed driver install

    HP Photosmart and Deskjet Printers - A 'Files Needed' Error Message
    Displays During Printer Driver Installation
    Searching the HP support site is a nebulous thing indeed! This page may
    help you delete what you need;
    'HP Deskjet 3520' (http://tinyurl.com/dgzjx)
    Good luck,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    or how about this:
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
    type into the search thingy
    3520 Deskjet

    (1) drivers and software downloads
    (2) Support and troubleshooting information
    dsg

    "Treeman" <Treeman.1t5gwb@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

    > HP Photosmart and Deskjet Printers - A 'Files Needed' Error Message
    > Displays During Printer Driver Installation
    > Searching the HP support site is a nebulous thing indeed! This page may
    > help you delete what you need;
    > 'HP Deskjet 3520' (http://tinyurl.com/dgzjx)
    > Good luck,
    > Treeman