New case

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 10, 2004 1:59:04 AM

I just bought a new PC case. It's made by iCute.

It has two thermal sensors, that are connected to two LCD displays on the
front panel. At the moment, I have the sensors just sitting loose inside the
case. On the panel, it marks them CPU temp, and HDD temp. I realise that I
can actually place these wherever I want, but, supposing I *did* want to
measure the temperature of the HDD, then ...

- is it worth it?
- whereabouts would I stick the sensor? (no rude answers please!! ;o) )

Onto CPU measurements ... I have MBM5 on my PC. AFAIK, this is showing the
onboard CPU temp, as opposed to the on-die temp (Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe). If I
were to place the CPU sensor from my case directly to the underside of my
CPU, would I get a more, or less reliable/accurate temp?

Also, what is the best sort of adhesive/tape to use for these things?

Cheers

--

JW

Remove the recepticle from email address to reply.

More about : case

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 10, 2004 3:57:52 PM

I was recommended to do this as I have a 7200rpm Maxtor but since I put it
in my dragon case with a fan in that by and a temp sensor there the temp
remains stable at near enough room temp so I feel its a bit of a waste. I
wasn't so keen on routing cables through the pins of the cpu so I stuck the
other sensor onto my GPU to keep an idea of temps when I overclock.
HTH

Robin
!