Help overlclocking Xp 2400 Througbred !!!

Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)

Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)

Thanks.

I have MORE than decent cooling.

lee

First of I would want to know if the processor is unlocked if you provide
this group with the sort/batch no (basically what ever it says on the
sticker on the processor) i am sure someone can tell you if its locked or
unlocked. Secondly if its locked it has a multiplier of 14 if i am not
mistaken I would bump the FSB straight to 166 which would give you
166x14=2324Mhz :) and I would also bump the fsb to about 1.8v to make sure
it posts and if its real stable you can always start downing the vcore. Also
make sure you have good cooling before you up vcore to 1.8v. If the
processor is unlocked you can play the multiplier setting :)

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:40:10 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>:>
>:>Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)
>:>
>:>Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
>:>for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)
>:>
>:>Thanks.
>:>
>:>I have MORE than decent cooling.

-----
Lee.

Its locked :(

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:04:56 GMT, Lee
<leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>First of I would want to know if the processor is unlocked if you provide
>this group with the sort/batch no (basically what ever it says on the
>sticker on the processor) i am sure someone can tell you if its locked or
>unlocked. Secondly if its locked it has a multiplier of 14 if i am not
>mistaken I would bump the FSB straight to 166 which would give you
>166x14=2324Mhz :) and I would also bump the fsb to about 1.8v to make sure
>it posts and if its real stable you can always start downing the vcore. Also
>make sure you have good cooling before you up vcore to 1.8v. If the
>processor is unlocked you can play the multiplier setting :)
>
>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:40:10 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>>:>
>>:>Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)
>>:>
>>:>Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
>>:>for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)
>>:>
>>:>Thanks.
>>:>
>>:>I have MORE than decent cooling.
>
>-----
>Lee.

Its got a default of 15X multi, 15X 133 ?
Bios original says its aXp 2400.

If i up the FSB to 140 even it just wont boot ? can got to 145 easy on
my old machine, not sure why i cant do that with this one ?

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:04:56 GMT, Lee
<leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>First of I would want to know if the processor is unlocked if you provide
>this group with the sort/batch no (basically what ever it says on the
>sticker on the processor) i am sure someone can tell you if its locked or
>unlocked. Secondly if its locked it has a multiplier of 14 if i am not
>mistaken I would bump the FSB straight to 166 which would give you
>166x14=2324Mhz :) and I would also bump the fsb to about 1.8v to make sure
>it posts and if its real stable you can always start downing the vcore. Also
>make sure you have good cooling before you up vcore to 1.8v. If the
>processor is unlocked you can play the multiplier setting :)
>
>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:40:10 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>>:>
>>:>Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)
>>:>
>>:>Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
>>:>for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)
>>:>
>>:>Thanks.
>>:>
>>:>I have MORE than decent cooling.
>
>-----
>Lee.

The xp2400 won't take 15x166 and 1.8v it's breaking point is approx
2300mhz,beyond that you need serious voltage and cooling.
With a normal oc you can get to 2250mhz,the standard voltage is 1.62 and
gives a max of 1.75 on my mobo.
So i use multi 8,5 which translates to 16,5, times 133 gives 2200mhz on 1.75
volts.I need more volts to use higher multies with 133.
It's a legacy mainboard.
So if your board can give more voltage you could go higher.
I understood that with xp2400 only the higher multi bits are unlocked so
anything beyond 15 will likely work.
Higher fsb means more stress on your memory,this board you got probably sets
your memory timings more aggressive for more speed.
So it can't take the same fsb as your old board which had more relaxed
timings for mem i pressume.
On a side note im gonna do the wiretrick soon to get lower multies available
so i can use 12,5x166

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:42:10 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:

> Its got a default of 15X multi, 15X 133 ?
> Bios original says its aXp 2400.
>
> If i up the FSB to 140 even it just wont boot ? can got to 145 easy on
> my old machine, not sure why i cant do that with this one ?

If you still have the PC2100 ram, that's probably your problem. It's only
rated for 133 and unless you changed to ram to FSB ratio it's trying to
run at 140MHz too. Make sure PCI bus is locked, slow the ram down, raise
vcore to 1.75v, set FSB to 140. Shouldn't be a problem.

"Flow" <flowing@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> I understood that with xp2400 only the higher multi bits are unlocked so
> anything beyond 15 will likely work.

You understand wrong. With any chip made after about wk39 2003 the
multiplier is locked and cant be changed at all. Prior to wk39 they were
unlocked and any restriction on multi changing was due to motherboard
restrictions.

Jms

With an AN7 (basically the NF7-S with a uguru chip) I can get 2300Mhz
(11.5x200) but have to pump the vcore up to 1.875 to get it Prime95 stable.
I was uncomfortable running the voltage that high so I pulled back to 11x200
and have been running it so for the last 6 months.

The processor is currently running at 41c with a load temp of about 46c -
this is with the volcano fan running at its slowest speed (2100RPM) and an
ambient temp of about 18c.

Obviously this doesn't help you until you get the faster RAM but I figured
I'd share anyway.

JMS

Athlon XP 2400 @ 2200Mhz/11x200 @ 1.75.vcore
Thermaltake Volcano 12
ABIT AN7
512mb GEIL 3200 RAM @ 2-3-3-6
ASUS Radeon 9600XT, OMEGA 4.4
WD 120gb SATA HDD
Seagate 80gb ATA133 HDD

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)
>
> Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
> for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> I have MORE than decent cooling.

The weird thing is my old mobo could do 145fsb easy ???

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:15:58 +1000, "JMS"
<jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:

>With an AN7 (basically the NF7-S with a uguru chip) I can get 2300Mhz
>(11.5x200) but have to pump the vcore up to 1.875 to get it Prime95 stable.
>I was uncomfortable running the voltage that high so I pulled back to 11x200
>and have been running it so for the last 6 months.
>
>The processor is currently running at 41c with a load temp of about 46c -
>this is with the volcano fan running at its slowest speed (2100RPM) and an
>ambient temp of about 18c.
>
>Obviously this doesn't help you until you get the faster RAM but I figured
>I'd share anyway.
>

>JMS

>Athlon XP 2400 @ 2200Mhz/11x200 @ 1.75.vcore
>Thermaltake Volcano 12
>ABIT AN7
>512mb GEIL 3200 RAM @ 2-3-3-6
>ASUS Radeon 9600XT, OMEGA 4.4
>WD 120gb SATA HDD
>Seagate 80gb ATA133 HDD
>

>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)
>>
>> Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
>> for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I have MORE than decent cooling.

Jms

With a locked PCI/AGP bus?

JMS

> The weird thing is my old mobo could do 145fsb easy ???
>

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:15:58 +1000, "JMS"
> <jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
>
>>With an AN7 (basically the NF7-S with a uguru chip) I can get 2300Mhz
>>(11.5x200) but have to pump the vcore up to 1.875 to get it Prime95
>>stable.
>>I was uncomfortable running the voltage that high so I pulled back to
>>11x200
>>and have been running it so for the last 6 months.
>>
>>The processor is currently running at 41c with a load temp of about 46c -
>>this is with the volcano fan running at its slowest speed (2100RPM) and an
>>ambient temp of about 18c.
>>
>>Obviously this doesn't help you until you get the faster RAM but I figured
>>I'd share anyway.
>>

>>JMS

>>Athlon XP 2400 @ 2200Mhz/11x200 @ 1.75.vcore
>>Thermaltake Volcano 12
>>ABIT AN7
>>512mb GEIL 3200 RAM @ 2-3-3-6
>>ASUS Radeon 9600XT, OMEGA 4.4
>>WD 120gb SATA HDD
>>Seagate 80gb ATA133 HDD
>>

>>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)
>>>
>>> Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
>>> for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> I have MORE than decent cooling.

The mobo is an NF7-s 2,0 so the PCi is locked to 33mhz agp is 66mhz :)

Whats this dram ratio thing maybe i can do somthing with that ?

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:15:58 +1000, "JMS"
<jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:

>With an AN7 (basically the NF7-S with a uguru chip) I can get 2300Mhz
>(11.5x200) but have to pump the vcore up to 1.875 to get it Prime95 stable.
>I was uncomfortable running the voltage that high so I pulled back to 11x200
>and have been running it so for the last 6 months.
>
>The processor is currently running at 41c with a load temp of about 46c -
>this is with the volcano fan running at its slowest speed (2100RPM) and an
>ambient temp of about 18c.
>
>Obviously this doesn't help you until you get the faster RAM but I figured
>I'd share anyway.
>

>JMS

>Athlon XP 2400 @ 2200Mhz/11x200 @ 1.75.vcore
>Thermaltake Volcano 12
>ABIT AN7
>512mb GEIL 3200 RAM @ 2-3-3-6
>ASUS Radeon 9600XT, OMEGA 4.4
>WD 120gb SATA HDD
>Seagate 80gb ATA133 HDD
>

>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)
>>
>> Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
>> for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I have MORE than decent cooling.

Nope it was an Asus A7v266-e no locked pci or agp bus well i don't
think so ?

And my pc2100 is in slot one and two so no Dual channel problems their
just normal bog standard mode ?

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:45:27 +1000, "JMS"
<jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:

>With a locked PCI/AGP bus?
>

>JMS
>
>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>

>> The weird thing is my old mobo could do 145fsb easy ???
>>

>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:15:58 +1000, "JMS"
>> <jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
>>
>>>With an AN7 (basically the NF7-S with a uguru chip) I can get 2300Mhz
>>>(11.5x200) but have to pump the vcore up to 1.875 to get it Prime95
>>>stable.
>>>I was uncomfortable running the voltage that high so I pulled back to
>>>11x200
>>>and have been running it so for the last 6 months.
>>>
>>>The processor is currently running at 41c with a load temp of about 46c -
>>>this is with the volcano fan running at its slowest speed (2100RPM) and an
>>>ambient temp of about 18c.
>>>
>>>Obviously this doesn't help you until you get the faster RAM but I figured
>>>I'd share anyway.
>>>

>>>JMS
>>>
>>>------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>Athlon XP 2400 @ 2200Mhz/11x200 @ 1.75.vcore
>>>Thermaltake Volcano 12
>>>ABIT AN7
>>>512mb GEIL 3200 RAM @ 2-3-3-6
>>>ASUS Radeon 9600XT, OMEGA 4.4
>>>WD 120gb SATA HDD
>>>Seagate 80gb ATA133 HDD
>>>

>>>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

Jms

The RAM ratio lets you run the RAM and CPU FSB out of sync - the CPU would
be running at 166 or 200 while the RAM is still running at 133. You'll take
a hit on performance but still be able to push the processor.

I'm not very clear on the maths for the dividers so maybe someone else can
help you there.

JMS

> The mobo is an NF7-s 2,0 so the PCi is locked to 33mhz agp is 66mhz :)
>
> Whats this dram ratio thing maybe i can do somthing with that ?
>

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:15:58 +1000, "JMS"
> <jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
>
>>With an AN7 (basically the NF7-S with a uguru chip) I can get 2300Mhz
>>(11.5x200) but have to pump the vcore up to 1.875 to get it Prime95
>>stable.
>>I was uncomfortable running the voltage that high so I pulled back to
>>11x200
>>and have been running it so for the last 6 months.
>>
>>The processor is currently running at 41c with a load temp of about 46c -
>>this is with the volcano fan running at its slowest speed (2100RPM) and an
>>ambient temp of about 18c.
>>
>>Obviously this doesn't help you until you get the faster RAM but I figured
>>I'd share anyway.
>>

>>JMS

>>Athlon XP 2400 @ 2200Mhz/11x200 @ 1.75.vcore
>>Thermaltake Volcano 12
>>ABIT AN7
>>512mb GEIL 3200 RAM @ 2-3-3-6
>>ASUS Radeon 9600XT, OMEGA 4.4
>>WD 120gb SATA HDD
>>Seagate 80gb ATA133 HDD
>>

>>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Its on an Abit NF7-S 2.0 mobo with pc 2100ram soon to be pc3200 :)
>>>
>>> Just need some settings to push the cpu to max it can, do the settings
>>> for the 3200 ram, ill downscale for 2100 :)
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> I have MORE than decent cooling.

I know its got options like 5/5 3/3 ect in their would be hit and miss
as i don't know how or what iam doing changing them :)

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:52:56 +1000, "JMS"
<jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:

>The RAM ratio lets you run the RAM and CPU FSB out of sync - the CPU would
>be running at 166 or 200 while the RAM is still running at 133. You'll take
>a hit on performance but still be able to push the processor.
>
>I'm not very clear on the maths for the dividers so maybe someone else can
>help you there.
>

>JMS
>
>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> The mobo is an NF7-s 2,0 so the PCi is locked to 33mhz agp is 66mhz :)
>>
>> Whats this dram ratio thing maybe i can do somthing with that ?
>>

>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:15:58 +1000, "JMS"
>> <jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
>>
>>>With an AN7 (basically the NF7-S with a uguru chip) I can get 2300Mhz
>>>(11.5x200) but have to pump the vcore up to 1.875 to get it Prime95
>>>stable.
>>>I was uncomfortable running the voltage that high so I pulled back to
>>>11x200
>>>and have been running it so for the last 6 months.
>>>
>>>The processor is currently running at 41c with a load temp of about 46c -
>>>this is with the volcano fan running at its slowest speed (2100RPM) and an
>>>ambient temp of about 18c.
>>>
>>>Obviously this doesn't help you until you get the faster RAM but I figured
>>>I'd share anyway.
>>>

>>>JMS
>>>
>>>------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>Athlon XP 2400 @ 2200Mhz/11x200 @ 1.75.vcore
>>>Thermaltake Volcano 12
>>>ABIT AN7
>>>512mb GEIL 3200 RAM @ 2-3-3-6
>>>ASUS Radeon 9600XT, OMEGA 4.4
>>>WD 120gb SATA HDD
>>>Seagate 80gb ATA133 HDD
>>>

>>>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

Jms

Your lucky, I tried that with Gigabyte 7vaxp (VIA chipset, no BUS lock) and
could only push the FSB to maybe 140 before I would start getting
instability issues.

Dual channel? Never had a problem myself but I'm using a matched pair, not
much of a performance gain over single channel mode anyway.

JMS

> Nope it was an Asus A7v266-e no locked pci or agp bus well i don't
> think so ?
>
> And my pc2100 is in slot one and two so no Dual channel problems their
> just normal bog standard mode ?
>

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:45:27 +1000, "JMS"
> <jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
>
>>With a locked PCI/AGP bus?
>>

>>JMS
>>
>>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>

>>> The weird thing is my old mobo could do 145fsb easy ???

If i can get 145 stable on my old board and the PCI bus was the prob i
should be able to get WAY over 145 on this board maybe 160 :).

Ill do a google on FSB/DRAM ratio and see what i can understand, seems
4/4 6/6 seems good from what iam reading now why ?? have no idea :)

Thanks.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:57:07 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>I know its got options like 5/5 3/3 ect in their would be hit and miss
>as i don't know how or what iam doing changing them :)
>

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:52:56 +1000, "JMS"
><jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
>
>>The RAM ratio lets you run the RAM and CPU FSB out of sync - the CPU would
>>be running at 166 or 200 while the RAM is still running at 133. You'll take
>>a hit on performance but still be able to push the processor.
>>
>>I'm not very clear on the maths for the dividers so maybe someone else can
>>help you there.
>>

>>JMS
>>
>>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> The mobo is an NF7-s 2,0 so the PCi is locked to 33mhz agp is 66mhz :)
>>>
>>> Whats this dram ratio thing maybe i can do somthing with that ?

DID IT :)

Now running at 145fsb or 290fsb did a 6/6 dram/ratio thing should be
stable my 145fsb on the other board was.

Iam going for 150 next, then 160 and see how high i can go ? not
expecting 200fsb but i would be happy with 160fsb, untill my pc3200
ram arrives.

I love google :)

wrote:

>I know its got options like 5/5 3/3 ect in their would be hit and miss
>as i don't know how or what iam doing changing them :)
>

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:52:56 +1000, "JMS"
><jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
>
>>The RAM ratio lets you run the RAM and CPU FSB out of sync - the CPU would
>>be running at 166 or 200 while the RAM is still running at 133. You'll take
>>a hit on performance but still be able to push the processor.
>>
>>I'm not very clear on the maths for the dividers so maybe someone else can
>>help you there.
>>

>>JMS
>>
>>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> The mobo is an NF7-s 2,0 so the PCi is locked to 33mhz agp is 66mhz :)
>>>
>>> Whats this dram ratio thing maybe i can do somthing with that ?

With the ratio at 6/6 (3/3, 4/4, 5/5 and 6/6 are all the same) you are
running your ram at the same speed as your FSB, so you are overclocking your
ram as well as your cpu. The PC2100 ram is likely therefore to hold you
back. You could try setting the ratio to 6/5 which would put your ram back
to 133 when running a 160FSB. If you want to shoot for 160FSB increase the
voltage a bit.

> DID IT :)
>
> Now running at 145fsb or 290fsb did a 6/6 dram/ratio thing should be
> stable my 145fsb on the other board was.
>
> Iam going for 150 next, then 160 and see how high i can go ? not
> expecting 200fsb but i would be happy with 160fsb, untill my pc3200
> ram arrives.
>
> I love google :)
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:57:07 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>

> >I know its got options like 5/5 3/3 ect in their would be hit and miss
> >as i don't know how or what iam doing changing them :)
> >

> >On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:52:56 +1000, "JMS"
> ><jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
> >
> >>The RAM ratio lets you run the RAM and CPU FSB out of sync - the CPU
would
> >>be running at 166 or 200 while the RAM is still running at 133. You'll
take
> >>a hit on performance but still be able to push the processor.
> >>
> >>I'm not very clear on the maths for the dividers so maybe someone else
can
> >>help you there.
> >>

> >>JMS
> >>
> >>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

and an

Though that would make my cpu running at 2400, maxium i thin for my
cpu, very toasty :)

Maybe i should settle for 2300 but ill push and watch the temps run
some becnhmarks, memtest ect, 3dmark and see how stable it is.

I love having a board that overclocks never had one its FUN, can't
wait till my mobile 2500 is delivered and my Pc3200 and my Radeon 9800
prob still have to buy that one :-/

See ya.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:12:55 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>DID IT :)
>
>Now running at 145fsb or 290fsb did a 6/6 dram/ratio thing should be
>stable my 145fsb on the other board was.
>
>Iam going for 150 next, then 160 and see how high i can go ? not
>expecting 200fsb but i would be happy with 160fsb, untill my pc3200
>ram arrives.
>
>I love google :)
>
>Thanks.
>

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:57:07 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
>wrote:
>

>>I know its got options like 5/5 3/3 ect in their would be hit and miss
>>as i don't know how or what iam doing changing them :)
>>

>>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:52:56 +1000, "JMS"
>><jms2004AToptusnetDOTcomDOTau> wrote:
>>
>>>The RAM ratio lets you run the RAM and CPU FSB out of sync - the CPU would
>>>be running at 166 or 200 while the RAM is still running at 133. You'll take
>>>a hit on performance but still be able to push the processor.
>>>
>>>I'm not very clear on the maths for the dividers so maybe someone else can
>>>help you there.
>>>

>>>JMS
>>>
>>>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

Jms

Always fun hunting for those next few Mghz :)

JMS

> Though that would make my cpu running at 2400, maxium i thin for my
> cpu, very toasty :)
>
> Maybe i should settle for 2300 but ill push and watch the temps run
> some becnhmarks, memtest ect, 3dmark and see how stable it is.
>
> I love having a board that overclocks never had one its FUN, can't
> wait till my mobile 2500 is delivered and my Pc3200 and my Radeon 9800
> prob still have to buy that one :-/
>
> See ya.
>

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:12:55 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>DID IT :)
>>
>>Now running at 145fsb or 290fsb did a 6/6 dram/ratio thing should be
>>stable my 145fsb on the other board was.
>>
>>Iam going for 150 next, then 160 and see how high i can go ? not
>>expecting 200fsb but i would be happy with 160fsb, untill my pc3200
>>ram arrives.
>>
>>I love google :)
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:57:07 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I know its got options like 5/5 3/3 ect in their would be hit and miss
>>>as i don't know how or what iam doing changing them :)

I did a 150fsb and Xp broke on me :(,that was fun, was a new install 1
day so not alot was installed new installed now ill give the 6/5
install and try from 150 and 160 if i can and see if thats stable.

I did a 150fsb and it booted into windows fine but explorer.exe
crashed every few seconds so it was not stable :) thats with few lazz
memory times, 7,3,3,3 or somthing not high latency.

Will see if i can brake Xp again this is fun :)

The repair console did not work, last best config did not work, and
system restore did not work, I BROKE IT GOOOOOOD.

Not that i know how to use the repair console i just use the next bit
where you press r and it recopies files over ect that did not work.

Got to do a google and study the repair console and what works the
best to get the system working agin other than a total reinstall which
is what id did :(, thats 40 minutes lost out of my life, well would
not have used it constructivly anyway.

See ya and maybe the Overclock be with you, or some lame thing like
that.

Bye.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:12:22 +0100, "BigBadger"
<big_badger@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>With the ratio at 6/6 (3/3, 4/4, 5/5 and 6/6 are all the same) you are
>running your ram at the same speed as your FSB, so you are overclocking your
>ram as well as your cpu. The PC2100 ram is likely therefore to hold you
>back. You could try setting the ratio to 6/5 which would put your ram back
>to 133 when running a 160FSB. If you want to shoot for 160FSB increase the
>voltage a bit.

I did a 150 6/5 no luck pc did not even boot monitor just blanked off
:(i think 145 is all my Corsair valueram can manage not that i
expected much, just fun trying.

Though i did put the ram to turbo setting, see how stable that is
might as well get as much out of the ram as i can speed wise don't you
thank :)

Thanks for the help but i realy do need that pc3200, got a brand of
ram that you recommend ?, i was thinking OCZ only becuase its fast and
revision 2 of it has the fast chips with the ch-5 or bh-5 whatevers in
it what evers the fastest ones and better for overclocking !!!

Thanks.