Whats a super locked XP Athlon chip ?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
July 10, 2004 3:52:18 PM

And whats not ?, ive got a Througbred 2400, that super locked or cam
my board unlock the multiplers ?

Abit Nf7-s 2.0 ?, just tried FSB at the momment and that don;t work
good :(
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 10, 2004 3:52:19 PM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:52:18 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:

> Whats a super locked XP Athlon chip ?

I don't know about super, but AMD started locking the multiplier on XP
aruond week 39 of of 2003 (0339 date code on chip).

> And whats not ?, ive got a Througbred 2400, that super locked or cam my
> board unlock the multiplers ?

What's not are the ones made before AMD started locking them.:-)
Mainboards can't unlock cpu's. Some can set the multiplier if the cpu
isn't locked.

> Abit Nf7-s 2.0 ?, just tried FSB at the momment and that don;t work good :(

Sure it does. It's something else that doesn't work good.

a b K Overclocking
July 10, 2004 7:04:15 PM

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.07.10.06.10.03.768592@TAKEOUTverizon.net...
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:52:18 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:
>
> > Whats a super locked XP Athlon chip ?
>
> I don't know about super, but AMD started locking the multiplier on XP
> aruond week 39 of of 2003 (0339 date code on chip).
>
> > And whats not ?, ive got a Througbred 2400, that super locked or cam my
> > board unlock the multiplers ?
> >
> What's not are the ones made before AMD started locking them.:-)
> Mainboards can't unlock cpu's. Some can set the multiplier if the cpu
> isn't locked.
>
> > Abit Nf7-s 2.0 ?, just tried FSB at the momment and that don;t work good
:(

> Sure it does. It's something else that doesn't work good.

This is for OCZ guy...
When are you going to stop asking the same things, over & over?
& Besides this.
Hm?
How do you overclock 2800+ 3000+ 3200+ ????????
By now you must have more computers then you know what to do with.

Denny. :-)
a b K Overclocking
July 11, 2004 11:52:55 AM

Denny ive got the Abit Nf7-s 2.0 now just waiting for the mobile amd
2500 and then thats all ill be asking just about what i have ok, then
you can cool down and chill :)

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:04:15 -0400, "Dennis E Strausser Jr"
<dstrausser33@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
>news:p an.2004.07.10.06.10.03.768592@TAKEOUTverizon.net...
>> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:52:18 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:
>>
>> > Whats a super locked XP Athlon chip ?
>>
>> I don't know about super, but AMD started locking the multiplier on XP
>> aruond week 39 of of 2003 (0339 date code on chip).
>>
>> > And whats not ?, ive got a Througbred 2400, that super locked or cam my
>> > board unlock the multiplers ?
>> >
>> What's not are the ones made before AMD started locking them.:-)
>> Mainboards can't unlock cpu's. Some can set the multiplier if the cpu
>> isn't locked.
>>
>> > Abit Nf7-s 2.0 ?, just tried FSB at the momment and that don;t work good
>:(
>>
>> Sure it does. It's something else that doesn't work good.
>>
>> --
>> Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm
>

>This is for OCZ guy...
>When are you going to stop asking the same things, over & over?
> & Besides this.
>Hm?
>How do you overclock 2800+ 3000+ 3200+ ????????
>By now you must have more computers then you know what to do with.
>
>Denny. :-)

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 11, 2004 11:52:56 AM

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:p 7p0f0lo52au7vonbes4b0tbp8qgqj93ol@4ax.com...

> Denny ive got the Abit Nf7-s 2.0 now just waiting for the mobile amd
> 2500 and then thats all ill be asking just about what i have ok, then
> you can cool down and chill :)

Why did you ask thousands of questions about Athlon 64s and ram and coolers
and cases and power supplies and motherboards and fans etc etc "if that`s
all you have" ?
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 11, 2004 6:41:23 PM

Well i got a Mobo,Cpu cooler, Mouse, and Speakers and other stuff
based on the questions and answers, very nice people you are with
answers :)

And harddrive and CPU are in the post as well :0

Got plenty from the questions so whats your prob ?

Also i decided NOT to get a 64bit system based on the questions that
saved me abit.

So whats up DOC ?

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 03:55:39 GMT, "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>news:p 7p0f0lo52au7vonbes4b0tbp8qgqj93ol@4ax.com...
>>

>> Denny ive got the Abit Nf7-s 2.0 now just waiting for the mobile amd
>> 2500 and then thats all ill be asking just about what i have ok, then
>> you can cool down and chill :)
>>

>Why did you ask thousands of questions about Athlon 64s and ram and coolers
>and cases and power supplies and motherboards and fans etc etc "if that`s
>all you have" ?

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 11, 2004 6:41:24 PM

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:D 3h1f0htv7np6i2ttlufoi2bov15rn4voi@4ax.com...

> Well i got a Mobo,Cpu cooler, Mouse, and Speakers and other stuff
> based on the questions and answers, very nice people you are with
> answers :)
>
> And harddrive and CPU are in the post as well :0
>
> Got plenty from the questions so whats your prob ?
>
> Also i decided NOT to get a 64bit system based on the questions that
> saved me abit.
>
> So whats up DOC ?

Anyone got some OCZ ram just like some feedback.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 11, 2004 9:14:50 PM

"Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:D 3h1f0htv7np6i2ttlufoi2bov15rn4voi@4ax.com...
> >
> > Well i got a Mobo,Cpu cooler, Mouse, and Speakers and other stuff
> > based on the questions and answers, very nice people you are with
> > answers :)
> >
> > And harddrive and CPU are in the post as well :0
> >
> > Got plenty from the questions so whats your prob ?
> >
> > Also i decided NOT to get a 64bit system based on the questions that
> > saved me abit.
> >
> > So whats up DOC ?
> >

> Anyone got some OCZ ram just like some feedback.

For good feedback put your mic on the speaker and turn the Vol upreal loud.
;)

---
a b K Overclocking
July 12, 2004 4:09:36 AM

Hm, maybe I lied, hm...
450 MHz
Stats of how well it works too...
Denny. :-)

SiSoftware Sandra

Int Buffered iSSE2 (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment : 4558MB/s
Scaling : 4555MB/s
Addition : 4587MB/s
Triad : 4578MB/s
Data Item Size : 16-bytes
Buffering Used : Yes
Offset Displacement Used : Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency : 127% (estimated)

Float Buffered iSSE2 (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment : 4585MB/s
Scaling : 4578MB/s
Addition : 4602MB/s
Triad : 4564MB/s
Data Item Size : 16-bytes
Buffering Used : Yes
Offset Displacement Used : Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency : 127% (estimated)

Test Status
Memory Used by Test : 256MB
NUMA Support : No
SMP Test : No
Total Test Threads : 1
SMT Test : Yes
Number of Test SMT (per CPU) : 2
Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
Processor Affinity : No

Chipset 1
Model : Giga-Byte Technology 82865G/PE/P, 82848P DRAM Controller / Host-Hub
Interface
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 225MHz (900MHz data rate)
Width : 64-bit
Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 7200MB/s (estimated)

Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
Speed : 2x 225MHz (450MHz data rate)
Width : 64-bit
Maximum Memory Bus Bandwidth : 3600MB/s (estimated)

Features
MMX Technology : Yes
SSE Technology : Yes
SSE2 Technology : Yes
SSE3 Technology : No
HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : Yes

Performance Tips
Notice 5406 : System bandwidth appears memory limited. Attempt to use
higher-performance memory.
Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life'
performance.
Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the same
version!
Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more
information about the tip.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 12, 2004 6:31:17 PM

Well i am talking about an Amd system, not Intell so 440 is a decent
overclokc of pc3200 on an AMD system is PAthetic compared to an Intell
system though :(

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:09:36 -0400, "Dennis E Strausser Jr"
<dstrausser33@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hm, maybe I lied, hm...
>450 MHz
>Stats of how well it works too...
>Denny. :-)
>

>SiSoftware Sandra
>
>Int Buffered iSSE2 (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
>Assignment : 4558MB/s
>Scaling : 4555MB/s
>Addition : 4587MB/s
>Triad : 4578MB/s
>Data Item Size : 16-bytes
>Buffering Used : Yes
>Offset Displacement Used : Yes
>Bandwidth Efficiency : 127% (estimated)
>
>Float Buffered iSSE2 (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown
>Assignment : 4585MB/s
>Scaling : 4578MB/s
>Addition : 4602MB/s
>Triad : 4564MB/s
>Data Item Size : 16-bytes
>Buffering Used : Yes
>Offset Displacement Used : Yes
>Bandwidth Efficiency : 127% (estimated)
>
>Test Status
>Memory Used by Test : 256MB
>NUMA Support : No
>SMP Test : No
>Total Test Threads : 1
>SMT Test : Yes
>Number of Test SMT (per CPU) : 2
>Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
>Processor Affinity : No
>
>Chipset 1
>Model : Giga-Byte Technology 82865G/PE/P, 82848P DRAM Controller / Host-Hub
>Interface
>Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 225MHz (900MHz data rate)
>Width : 64-bit
>Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 7200MB/s (estimated)
>
>Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
>Speed : 2x 225MHz (450MHz data rate)
>Width : 64-bit
>Maximum Memory Bus Bandwidth : 3600MB/s (estimated)
>
>Features
>MMX Technology : Yes
>SSE Technology : Yes
>SSE2 Technology : Yes
>SSE3 Technology : No
>HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : Yes
>
>Performance Tips
>Notice 5406 : System bandwidth appears memory limited. Attempt to use
>higher-performance memory.
>Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
>Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life'
>performance.
>Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the same
>version!
>Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more
>information about the tip.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 12, 2004 7:04:24 PM

> Well i am talking about an Amd system, not Intell so 440 is a decent
> overclokc of pc3200 on an AMD system is PAthetic compared to an Intell
> system though :(

Has anyone ever taught you to use punctuation?
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 12, 2004 9:32:35 PM

"Liggyman" <liggyman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> > Well i am talking about an Amd system, not Intell so 440 is a decent
> > overclokc of pc3200 on an AMD system is PAthetic compared to an Intell
> > system though :(
> >

> Has anyone ever taught you to use punctuation?

I'm not good with it either.
As for P4's Some things are nice, I'm finding working on large image files
is a little faster
on my P4, but I still like the 2400+ running @ 2.17 GHz better for Video
game emulation.
Nice overclock for an AMD "True"
Before anyone ask's, yes, I'm also "Dennis E Strausser Jr."
RavingRaichu. :-)
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 13, 2004 4:57:26 AM

RavingRaichu wrote:
> Before anyone ask's, yes, I'm also "Dennis E Strausser Jr."
> RavingRaichu. :-)

Still with the smile?

:-p

Ben
a b K Overclocking
July 13, 2004 4:57:27 AM

"Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> RavingRaichu wrote:
> > Before anyone ask's, yes, I'm also "Dennis E Strausser Jr."
> > RavingRaichu. :-)
>
> Still with the smile?

That's me.
I just have not been feeling like adding the, "Always with a smile, even
when times are bad." Thing.
yw
RavingRaichu. :-)