Whats a super locked XP Athlon chip ?

And whats not ?, ive got a Througbred 2400, that super locked or cam
my board unlock the multiplers ?

Abit Nf7-s 2.0 ?, just tried FSB at the momment and that don;t work
good :(
13 answers Last reply
More about whats super locked athlon chip

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:52:18 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:

    > Whats a super locked XP Athlon chip ?

    I don't know about super, but AMD started locking the multiplier on XP
    aruond week 39 of of 2003 (0339 date code on chip).

    > And whats not ?, ive got a Througbred 2400, that super locked or cam my
    > board unlock the multiplers ?

    What's not are the ones made before AMD started locking them.:-)
    Mainboards can't unlock cpu's. Some can set the multiplier if the cpu
    isn't locked.

    > Abit Nf7-s 2.0 ?, just tried FSB at the momment and that don;t work good :(

    Sure it does. It's something else that doesn't work good.

    "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:52:18 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:
    >
    > > Whats a super locked XP Athlon chip ?
    >
    > I don't know about super, but AMD started locking the multiplier on XP
    > aruond week 39 of of 2003 (0339 date code on chip).
    >
    > > And whats not ?, ive got a Througbred 2400, that super locked or cam my
    > > board unlock the multiplers ?
    > >
    > What's not are the ones made before AMD started locking them.:-)
    > Mainboards can't unlock cpu's. Some can set the multiplier if the cpu
    > isn't locked.
    >
    > > Abit Nf7-s 2.0 ?, just tried FSB at the momment and that don;t work good
    :(

    > Sure it does. It's something else that doesn't work good.

    This is for OCZ guy...
    When are you going to stop asking the same things, over & over?
    & Besides this.
    Hm?
    How do you overclock 2800+ 3000+ 3200+ ????????
    By now you must have more computers then you know what to do with.

    Denny. :-)

    Denny ive got the Abit Nf7-s 2.0 now just waiting for the mobile amd
    2500 and then thats all ill be asking just about what i have ok, then
    you can cool down and chill :)

    "OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    > Denny ive got the Abit Nf7-s 2.0 now just waiting for the mobile amd
    > 2500 and then thats all ill be asking just about what i have ok, then
    > you can cool down and chill :)

    Why did you ask thousands of questions about Athlon 64s and ram and coolers
    and cases and power supplies and motherboards and fans etc etc "if that`s
    all you have" ?

    Well i got a Mobo,Cpu cooler, Mouse, and Speakers and other stuff
    based on the questions and answers, very nice people you are with
    answers :)

    And harddrive and CPU are in the post as well :0

    Got plenty from the questions so whats your prob ?

    Also i decided NOT to get a 64bit system based on the questions that
    saved me abit.

    So whats up DOC ?

    > Well i got a Mobo,Cpu cooler, Mouse, and Speakers and other stuff
    > based on the questions and answers, very nice people you are with
    > answers :)
    >
    > And harddrive and CPU are in the post as well :0
    >
    > Got plenty from the questions so whats your prob ?
    >
    > Also i decided NOT to get a 64bit system based on the questions that
    > saved me abit.
    >
    > So whats up DOC ?

    Anyone got some OCZ ram just like some feedback.

    "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Well i got a Mobo,Cpu cooler, Mouse, and Speakers and other stuff
    > > based on the questions and answers, very nice people you are with
    > > answers :)
    > >
    > > And harddrive and CPU are in the post as well :0
    > >
    > > Got plenty from the questions so whats your prob ?
    > >
    > > Also i decided NOT to get a 64bit system based on the questions that
    > > saved me abit.
    > >
    > > So whats up DOC ?
    > >

    > Anyone got some OCZ ram just like some feedback.

    For good feedback put your mic on the speaker and turn the Vol upreal loud.
    ;)

    ---
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Hm, maybe I lied, hm...
    450 MHz
    Stats of how well it works too...
    Denny. :-)

    SiSoftware Sandra

    Int Buffered iSSE2 (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
    Assignment : 4558MB/s
    Scaling : 4555MB/s
    Addition : 4587MB/s
    Triad : 4578MB/s
    Data Item Size : 16-bytes
    Buffering Used : Yes
    Offset Displacement Used : Yes
    Bandwidth Efficiency : 127% (estimated)

    Float Buffered iSSE2 (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown
    Assignment : 4585MB/s
    Scaling : 4578MB/s
    Addition : 4602MB/s
    Triad : 4564MB/s
    Data Item Size : 16-bytes
    Buffering Used : Yes
    Offset Displacement Used : Yes
    Bandwidth Efficiency : 127% (estimated)

    Test Status
    Memory Used by Test : 256MB
    NUMA Support : No
    SMP Test : No
    Total Test Threads : 1
    SMT Test : Yes
    Number of Test SMT (per CPU) : 2
    Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
    Processor Affinity : No

    Chipset 1
    Model : Giga-Byte Technology 82865G/PE/P, 82848P DRAM Controller / Host-Hub
    Interface
    Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 225MHz (900MHz data rate)
    Width : 64-bit
    Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 7200MB/s (estimated)

    Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
    Speed : 2x 225MHz (450MHz data rate)
    Width : 64-bit
    Maximum Memory Bus Bandwidth : 3600MB/s (estimated)

    Features
    MMX Technology : Yes
    SSE Technology : Yes
    SSE2 Technology : Yes
    SSE3 Technology : No
    HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : Yes

    Performance Tips
    Notice 5406 : System bandwidth appears memory limited. Attempt to use
    higher-performance memory.
    Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
    Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life'
    performance.
    Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the same
    version!
    Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more
    information about the tip.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Well i am talking about an Amd system, not Intell so 440 is a decent
    overclokc of pc3200 on an AMD system is PAthetic compared to an Intell
    system though :(

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:09:36 -0400, "Dennis E Strausser Jr"
    <dstrausser33@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Hm, maybe I lied, hm...
    >450 MHz
    >Stats of how well it works too...
    >Denny. :-)
    >

    >SiSoftware Sandra
    >
    >Int Buffered iSSE2 (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
    >Assignment : 4558MB/s
    >Scaling : 4555MB/s
    >Addition : 4587MB/s
    >Triad : 4578MB/s
    >Data Item Size : 16-bytes
    >Buffering Used : Yes
    >Offset Displacement Used : Yes
    >Bandwidth Efficiency : 127% (estimated)
    >
    >Float Buffered iSSE2 (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown
    >Assignment : 4585MB/s
    >Scaling : 4578MB/s
    >Addition : 4602MB/s
    >Triad : 4564MB/s
    >Data Item Size : 16-bytes
    >Buffering Used : Yes
    >Offset Displacement Used : Yes
    >Bandwidth Efficiency : 127% (estimated)
    >
    >Test Status
    >Memory Used by Test : 256MB
    >NUMA Support : No
    >SMP Test : No
    >Total Test Threads : 1
    >SMT Test : Yes
    >Number of Test SMT (per CPU) : 2
    >Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
    >Processor Affinity : No
    >
    >Chipset 1
    >Model : Giga-Byte Technology 82865G/PE/P, 82848P DRAM Controller / Host-Hub
    >Interface
    >Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 225MHz (900MHz data rate)
    >Width : 64-bit
    >Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 7200MB/s (estimated)
    >
    >Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
    >Speed : 2x 225MHz (450MHz data rate)
    >Width : 64-bit
    >Maximum Memory Bus Bandwidth : 3600MB/s (estimated)
    >
    >Features
    >MMX Technology : Yes
    >SSE Technology : Yes
    >SSE2 Technology : Yes
    >SSE3 Technology : No
    >HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : Yes
    >
    >Performance Tips
    >Notice 5406 : System bandwidth appears memory limited. Attempt to use
    >higher-performance memory.
    >Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
    >Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life'
    >performance.
    >Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the same
    >version!
    >Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more
    >information about the tip.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    > Well i am talking about an Amd system, not Intell so 440 is a decent
    > overclokc of pc3200 on an AMD system is PAthetic compared to an Intell
    > system though :(

    Has anyone ever taught you to use punctuation?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Liggyman" <liggyman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Well i am talking about an Amd system, not Intell so 440 is a decent
    > > overclokc of pc3200 on an AMD system is PAthetic compared to an Intell
    > > system though :(
    > >

    > Has anyone ever taught you to use punctuation?

    I'm not good with it either.
    As for P4's Some things are nice, I'm finding working on large image files
    is a little faster
    on my P4, but I still like the 2400+ running @ 2.17 GHz better for Video
    game emulation.
    Nice overclock for an AMD "True"
    Before anyone ask's, yes, I'm also "Dennis E Strausser Jr."
    RavingRaichu. :-)
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    RavingRaichu wrote:
    > Before anyone ask's, yes, I'm also "Dennis E Strausser Jr."
    > RavingRaichu. :-)

    Still with the smile?

    :-p

    Ben
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > RavingRaichu wrote:
    > > Before anyone ask's, yes, I'm also "Dennis E Strausser Jr."
    > > RavingRaichu. :-)
    >
    > Still with the smile?

    That's me.
    I just have not been feeling like adding the, "Always with a smile, even
    when times are bad." Thing.
    yw
    RavingRaichu. :-)

    > :-p