D865GBF board SATA driver

I am wanting to add a SATA drive for my system, however, I am unable to move
forward unless I download the driver from Intel. If you read below as it says
on their site, you need to have a password. They call it an Entitlement Code.
When I click on the page for a customer service rep, it refers me to a line
to pay for as an incidental charge. I sent Intel an email and have yet to
hear back.

Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

Serial ATA QFE Update†

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_drive.htm

† The web distribution rights granted to Intel for the SATA QFE update
requires the update be made available only through password-protected web
sites. Logon and Password information to download this update is available on
the flyer enclosed with the boxed Intel desktop board.
5 answers Last reply
More about d865gbf board sata driver

    The 865 uses the ICH5R,you should go to downloads at intel,chip-sets,software,
    matrix storage mgr,scroll down to the drivers for the floppy,you dont need a
    password.The older drivers for that board used application accelerator,which
    has been replaced by matrix.

    "Ryan" wrote:

    > I am wanting to add a SATA drive for my system, however, I am unable to move
    > forward unless I download the driver from Intel. If you read below as it says
    > on their site, you need to have a password. They call it an Entitlement Code.
    > When I click on the page for a customer service rep, it refers me to a line
    > to pay for as an incidental charge. I sent Intel an email and have yet to
    > hear back.
    >
    > Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
    >
    > Serial ATA QFE Update†
    >
    > http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_drive.htm
    >
    > † The web distribution rights granted to Intel for the SATA QFE update
    > requires the update be made available only through password-protected web
    > sites. Logon and Password information to download this update is available on
    > the flyer enclosed with the boxed Intel desktop board.

    My new system does not have a floppy. How can I go about this?

    Thanks Andrew.

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > The 865 uses the ICH5R,you should go to downloads at intel,chip-sets,software,
    > matrix storage mgr,scroll down to the drivers for the floppy,you dont need a
    > password.The older drivers for that board used application accelerator,which
    > has been replaced by matrix.
    >
    > "Ryan" wrote:
    >
    > > I am wanting to add a SATA drive for my system, however, I am unable to move
    > > forward unless I download the driver from Intel. If you read below as it says
    > > on their site, you need to have a password. They call it an Entitlement Code.
    > > When I click on the page for a customer service rep, it refers me to a line
    > > to pay for as an incidental charge. I sent Intel an email and have yet to
    > > hear back.
    > >
    > > Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
    > >
    > > Serial ATA QFE Update†
    > >
    > > http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_drive.htm
    > >
    > > † The web distribution rights granted to Intel for the SATA QFE update
    > > requires the update be made available only through password-protected web
    > > sites. Logon and Password information to download this update is available on
    > > the flyer enclosed with the boxed Intel desktop board.

    I doubt that you need this to install a SATA drive on an 865 system.

    If you aren't installing a RAID (0 or 1) pair, I believe that you can
    install a SATA drive using the drivers in XP. (I did this more than a year
    ago on system with an Asus P4P800 board. My memory is hazy on the subject,
    but I believe that I didn't need to do the F6 thing. I subsequently went
    with RAID 0.) If you want RAID, the drivers another poster mentioned
    (http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/) are the right ones.

    If you wish to do a fresh install of XP on a SATA RAID pair, it would be
    helpful to have a floppy drive. There are supposed to be work-arounds for
    this, like slipstreaming the RAID drivers into an XP installation CD, but I
    haven't tried them. It would usually be simpler to install a floppy drive.

    Just for luck, I tried a quick Google search for the password you request.
    It's USB24me (case sensitive). I tested that: it works.

    "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am wanting to add a SATA drive for my system, however, I am unable to
    >move
    > forward unless I download the driver from Intel. If you read below as it
    > says
    > on their site, you need to have a password. They call it an Entitlement
    > Code.
    > When I click on the page for a customer service rep, it refers me to a
    > line
    > to pay for as an incidental charge. I sent Intel an email and have yet to
    > hear back.
    >
    > Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
    >
    > Serial ATA QFE Update?
    >
    > http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_drive.htm
    >
    > ? The web distribution rights granted to Intel for the SATA QFE update
    > requires the update be made available only through password-protected web
    > sites. Logon and Password information to download this update is available
    > on
    > the flyer enclosed with the boxed Intel desktop board.

    Buy a floppy

    > My new system does not have a floppy. How can I go about this?
    >
    > Thanks Andrew.
    >
    > "Andrew E." wrote:
    >
    > > The 865 uses the ICH5R,you should go to downloads at
    intel,chip-sets,software,
    > > matrix storage mgr,scroll down to the drivers for the floppy,you dont
    need a
    > > password.The older drivers for that board used application
    accelerator,which
    > > has been replaced by matrix.
    > >
    > > "Ryan" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am wanting to add a SATA drive for my system, however, I am unable
    to move
    > > > forward unless I download the driver from Intel. If you read below as
    it says
    > > > on their site, you need to have a password. They call it an
    Entitlement Code.
    > > > When I click on the page for a customer service rep, it refers me to a
    line
    > > > to pay for as an incidental charge. I sent Intel an email and have yet
    > > > hear back.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
    > > >
    > > > Serial ATA QFE Update?
    > > >
    > > > http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_drive.htm
    > > >
    > > > ? The web distribution rights granted to Intel for the SATA QFE update
    > > > requires the update be made available only through password-protected
    web
    > > > sites. Logon and Password information to download this update is
    available on
    > > > the flyer enclosed with the boxed Intel desktop board.

    I got the driver, but it will not let me install because I have service pack
    2. No chance of going back to service pack 1 because my OEM CD is comes with
    service pack 2.

    "Bob Knowlden" wrote:

    > I doubt that you need this to install a SATA drive on an 865 system.
    >
    > If you aren't installing a RAID (0 or 1) pair, I believe that you can
    > install a SATA drive using the drivers in XP. (I did this more than a year
    > ago on system with an Asus P4P800 board. My memory is hazy on the subject,
    > but I believe that I didn't need to do the F6 thing. I subsequently went
    > with RAID 0.) If you want RAID, the drivers another poster mentioned
    > (http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/) are the right ones.
    >
    > If you wish to do a fresh install of XP on a SATA RAID pair, it would be
    > helpful to have a floppy drive. There are supposed to be work-arounds for
    > this, like slipstreaming the RAID drivers into an XP installation CD, but I
    > haven't tried them. It would usually be simpler to install a floppy drive.
    >
    > Just for luck, I tried a quick Google search for the password you request.
    > It's USB24me (case sensitive). I tested that: it works.
    >

    > Address scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.
    >
    > "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am wanting to add a SATA drive for my system, however, I am unable to
    > >move
    > > forward unless I download the driver from Intel. If you read below as it
    > > says
    > > on their site, you need to have a password. They call it an Entitlement
    > > Code.
    > > When I click on the page for a customer service rep, it refers me to a
    > > line
    > > to pay for as an incidental charge. I sent Intel an email and have yet to
    > > hear back.
    > >
    > > Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
    > >
    > > Serial ATA QFE Update?
    > >
    > > http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_drive.htm
    > >
    > > ? The web distribution rights granted to Intel for the SATA QFE update
    > > requires the update be made available only through password-protected web
    > > sites. Logon and Password information to download this update is available
    > > on
    > > the flyer enclosed with the boxed Intel desktop board.

SATA Intel Windows XP