2100+ to Mobile 2400/2500/2600 worth it?

I have my 2100+ oc'ed to 2.17 on my Shuttle AN35N ultra (Vantec aeroflow,
512 pc3200 ram). Would going to one of the mobile chips be much of a speed
difference (Realistically I mean, not just raw #'s. Will I notice a
difference when I'm online or playing a FPS?)

Also, are there any advantages to the 2600 over the 2500 and 2400? Also
2500 over 2400? Will one OC higher? Or work better with heat and voltage?
Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about 2100 mobile 2400 2500 2600 worth

    I presume you got your fsb @166x13? or have you got a unlocked 2100+?
    If your looking for more rore FPS then you want to be looking at more
    graphics power your processing power is already high.

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:28:16 GMT, "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >:>I have my 2100+ oc'ed to 2.17 on my Shuttle AN35N ultra (Vantec aeroflow,
    >:>512 pc3200 ram). Would going to one of the mobile chips be much of a speed
    >:>difference (Realistically I mean, not just raw #'s. Will I notice a
    >:>difference when I'm online or playing a FPS?)
    >:>
    >:>Also, are there any advantages to the 2600 over the 2500 and 2400? Also
    >:>2500 over 2400? Will one OC higher? Or work better with heat and voltage?
    >:>Thanks.
    >:>

    -----
    Lee.

    A mobile Barton is faster than your current cpu thanks to the 512K of L2
    cache and it is fairly easy to reach 2.4 - 2.5 GHz with its unlocked
    multipel, but your current cpu is still fast enough for most games. You
    will only have a noticable difference in really demanding games - FarCry
    beeing a good example. But if you intend to play FarCry you should double
    your ram before you buy a new cpu.

    You can not, based on model, say if one mobile will OC better than another
    - they are basically the same cpu, only labeled differently. A good
    stepping is what matters. So pick the cheapest one and hope for a good
    stepping. And make sure that the one you pick fits in a socket-A board (not
    all mobile Bartons does).

    /Ville

    Like which Mobile Barton wouldn't fit?
    "Ville Viking" <vikingville@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > A mobile Barton is faster than your current cpu thanks to the 512K of L2
    > cache and it is fairly easy to reach 2.4 - 2.5 GHz with its unlocked
    > multipel, but your current cpu is still fast enough for most games. You
    > will only have a noticable difference in really demanding games - FarCry
    > beeing a good example. But if you intend to play FarCry you should double
    > your ram before you buy a new cpu.
    >
    > You can not, based on model, say if one mobile will OC better than another
    > - they are basically the same cpu, only labeled differently. A good
    > stepping is what matters. So pick the cheapest one and hope for a good
    > stepping. And make sure that the one you pick fits in a socket-A board (not
    > all mobile Bartons does).
    >
    > /Ville

    Mike Aamot wrote:
    [...]
    > Like which Mobile Barton wouldn't fit?

    The ones with uPGA packaging as opposed to OPGA (standard-sized PGA). There
    were some 35W uPGA chips floating around on newEgg which caused some
    confusion (and returns) for a while. I don't know if they're still there or
    not though. The OPNs look like AXMD2000GJQ4C, where the G signifies uPGA
    (you want an A, B, D or F, and you DON'T want an E or G).

    /plug
    You can check the packaging with my AMDID tool from
    http://www.emboss.co.nz/downloads.php?pid=5&highlight=P
    /end plug

    --
    Michael Brown

    I ordered a Mobile 2500 in australia, hope i get the right one ?

    They sent me the info on the chip, so ill check that ?

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:07:06 +1200, "Michael Brown"
    <see@signature.below> wrote:

    >Mike Aamot wrote:
    >[...]
    >> Like which Mobile Barton wouldn't fit?
    >
    >The ones with uPGA packaging as opposed to OPGA (standard-sized PGA). There
    >were some 35W uPGA chips floating around on newEgg which caused some
    >confusion (and returns) for a while. I don't know if they're still there or
    >not though. The OPNs look like AXMD2000GJQ4C, where the G signifies uPGA
    >(you want an A, B, D or F, and you DON'T want an E or G).
    >
    >/plug
    >You can check the packaging with my AMDID tool from
    >http://www.emboss.co.nz/downloads.php?pid=5&highlight=P
    >/end plug

AMD Mobile Overclocking