2100+ to Mobile 2400/2500/2600 worth it?

I have my 2100+ oc'ed to 2.17 on my Shuttle AN35N ultra (Vantec aeroflow,
512 pc3200 ram). Would going to one of the mobile chips be much of a speed
difference (Realistically I mean, not just raw #'s. Will I notice a
difference when I'm online or playing a FPS?)

Also, are there any advantages to the 2600 over the 2500 and 2400? Also
2500 over 2400? Will one OC higher? Or work better with heat and voltage?
Thanks.

lee

I presume you got your fsb @166x13? or have you got a unlocked 2100+?
If your looking for more rore FPS then you want to be looking at more
graphics power your processing power is already high.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:28:16 GMT, "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>:>I have my 2100+ oc'ed to 2.17 on my Shuttle AN35N ultra (Vantec aeroflow,
>:>512 pc3200 ram). Would going to one of the mobile chips be much of a speed
>:>difference (Realistically I mean, not just raw #'s. Will I notice a
>:>difference when I'm online or playing a FPS?)
>:>
>:>Also, are there any advantages to the 2600 over the 2500 and 2400? Also
>:>2500 over 2400? Will one OC higher? Or work better with heat and voltage?
>:>Thanks.
>:>

-----
Lee.

A mobile Barton is faster than your current cpu thanks to the 512K of L2
cache and it is fairly easy to reach 2.4 - 2.5 GHz with its unlocked
multipel, but your current cpu is still fast enough for most games. You
will only have a noticable difference in really demanding games - FarCry
beeing a good example. But if you intend to play FarCry you should double
your ram before you buy a new cpu.

You can not, based on model, say if one mobile will OC better than another
- they are basically the same cpu, only labeled differently. A good
stepping is what matters. So pick the cheapest one and hope for a good
stepping. And make sure that the one you pick fits in a socket-A board (not
all mobile Bartons does).

/Ville

Like which Mobile Barton wouldn't fit?
"Ville Viking" <vikingville@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> A mobile Barton is faster than your current cpu thanks to the 512K of L2
> cache and it is fairly easy to reach 2.4 - 2.5 GHz with its unlocked
> multipel, but your current cpu is still fast enough for most games. You
> will only have a noticable difference in really demanding games - FarCry
> beeing a good example. But if you intend to play FarCry you should double
> your ram before you buy a new cpu.
>
> You can not, based on model, say if one mobile will OC better than another
> - they are basically the same cpu, only labeled differently. A good
> stepping is what matters. So pick the cheapest one and hope for a good
> stepping. And make sure that the one you pick fits in a socket-A board (not
> all mobile Bartons does).
>
> /Ville

Mike Aamot wrote:
[...]
> Like which Mobile Barton wouldn't fit?

The ones with uPGA packaging as opposed to OPGA (standard-sized PGA). There
were some 35W uPGA chips floating around on newEgg which caused some
confusion (and returns) for a while. I don't know if they're still there or
not though. The OPNs look like AXMD2000GJQ4C, where the G signifies uPGA
(you want an A, B, D or F, and you DON'T want an E or G).

/plug
You can check the packaging with my AMDID tool from
http://www.emboss.co.nz/downloads.php?pid=5&highlight=P
/end plug

--
Michael Brown

I ordered a Mobile 2500 in australia, hope i get the right one ?

They sent me the info on the chip, so ill check that ?