windows no longer identifies modem as a hardware

Hi to All,
This is a very strange problem I've come across. My Windows no
longer recognises modem as a valid hardware. Means now I dont find any
device of type 'modem' in the device manager. This is because of a
mistake I made while editing the system registry.
I was using an internal modem till now. For quite some time,
it was working a little slow and used to hang after every 5 minutes or
so. Since the phone line seemed OK (my friend's external modem was
working well on that line), I decided to reinstall the modem. So I
removed all the modem manufacturer's entries from the system registry.
To my shock, Windows now fails to recognise any modem device connected
to the computer. When I plug one, it always shows "unknown device" in
"new hardware found"
Please Help

Sanyam Yadav

--
Sanyam Yadav
Sanyam Yadav's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5719

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try system restore and see if there is a restore point just before you did
the registry edit, failing that does the modem manufacturers website have
any drivers.

Neil