vcool questions

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Hi all

vcool alpha cools my kt600, (MSI MS=6590 VT8237) and the prior versions
wouldn't even start.

Only thing, this version has no way to start up with the cool bit set
and the halt detect set (both needed).

Also, I can't find the forum on vcool site anymore. Is vcool pretty
much history?

using w98se

it cools 10c

--
Phil

hi

the alpha does not have any autoset/autostart settings yet. dont know if
vcool is history or not but it was a long time since anything happened.

coco

"Phil" <stuff@basketball.net> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi all
>
> vcool alpha cools my kt600, (MSI MS=6590 VT8237) and the prior versions
> wouldn't even start.
>
> Only thing, this version has no way to start up with the cool bit set
> and the halt detect set (both needed).
>
> Also, I can't find the forum on vcool site anymore. Is vcool pretty
> much history?
>
> using w98se
>
> it cools 10c
>

> --
> Phil

minotaur

Phil wrote:

> Hi all
>
> vcool alpha cools my kt600, (MSI MS=6590 VT8237) and the prior versions
> wouldn't even start.
>
> Only thing, this version has no way to start up with the cool bit set
> and the halt detect set (both needed).
>
> Also, I can't find the forum on vcool site anymore. Is vcool pretty
> much history?
>
> using w98se
>
> it cools 10c

Download Speedfan 4.13, at http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
direct download link http://www.almico.com/speedfan413.exe

You shall then be able to turn on all those cool-bit options with it.
Select Configure, then the Advanced tab, where it says Chip scroll and
select your Chipset. You shall see HALT detect OFF and STOP GRANT
disconnect OFF. Now set them as you like and tick the remember me box at
the bottom. Basicaly, set and forget!

Great app, replaced MBM and VCool with it. Because I basicaly got sick
of it like yourself, having to turn on those options manualy all the
time. )8*

Minotaur (8*

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Minotaur <antnel@hotmail.com> posted in

> Phil wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> vcool alpha cools my kt600, (MSI MS=6590 VT8237) and the prior
>> versions wouldn't even start.
>>
>> Only thing, this version has no way to start up with the cool bit set
>> and the halt detect set (both needed).
>>
>> Also, I can't find the forum on vcool site anymore. Is vcool pretty
>> much history?
>>
>> using w98se
>>
>> it cools 10c
>>

> Download Speedfan 4.13, at http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
> direct download link http://www.almico.com/speedfan413.exe
>
> You shall then be able to turn on all those cool-bit options with it.
> Select Configure, then the Advanced tab, where it says Chip scroll and
> select your Chipset. You shall see HALT detect OFF and STOP GRANT
> disconnect OFF. Now set them as you like and tick the remember me box
> at the bottom. Basicaly, set and forget!
>
> Great app, replaced MBM and VCool with it. Because I basicaly got sick
> of it like yourself, having to turn on those options manualy all the
> time. )8*
>
> Minotaur (8*

THanks but my chipset wasn't listed. I hope the author updates to the
KT600
--
Phil