Different partition

okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G and is only for OS
but whenever i try to install something from a CD it automaticlly attempts to
install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install on a different
partition?
4 answers Last reply
More about different partition

    Help!! wrote:
    > okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G and is only for OS
    > but whenever i try to install something from a CD it automaticlly attempts to
    > install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install on a different
    > partition?

    Usually, there is an option to install into a different
    partition when a "custom" installation is chosen.

    select the "custom" install and pick the partition.

    some support

    "Ghostrider" wrote:

    > Help!! wrote:
    > > okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G and is only for OS
    > > but whenever i try to install something from a CD it automaticlly attempts to
    > > install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install on a different
    > > partition?
    >
    > Usually, there is an option to install into a different
    > partition when a "custom" installation is chosen.

    yeah there usually is but once this CD loaded up it checked this partition
    which is full and tells me that i can only install the minimum version and it
    won't let me chose a different destination.
    by the way this is a HP all-in-one series disks if that will clear things up
    any

    Help!! wrote:

    > "Ghostrider" wrote:
    >

    >>Help!! wrote:
    >>
    >>> okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G and is only for OS
    >>>but whenever i try to install something from a CD it automaticlly attempts to
    >>>install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install on a different
    >>>partition?
    >>
    >>Usually, there is an option to install into a different
    >>partition when a "custom" installation is chosen.
    >>

    > yeah there usually is but once this CD loaded up it checked this partition
    > which is full and tells me that i can only install the minimum version and it
    > won't let me chose a different destination.
    > by the way this is a HP all-in-one series disks if that will clear things up
    > any

    In this case, tough luck because the setup and install
    instructions are geared to placing the files to a specific
    location with in its specific folder. There are work-arounds,
    depending on how comfortable one feels about re-writing the
    installation script in these files. Try uninstalling what has
    already been placed into Drive C and re-install into another
    partition, especially applications. Our practice is to place
    only the OS and install files for hardware only into Drive C
    and 5 GB has been more than adequate.

Hardware Partition Microsoft Windows XP