Different partition

August 3, 2005 7:18:02 PM

okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G and is only for OS
but whenever i try to install something from a CD it automaticlly attempts to
install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install on a different
partition?

More about : partition

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 7:47:44 PM

Help!! wrote:
> okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G and is only for OS
> but whenever i try to install something from a CD it automaticlly attempts to
> install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install on a different
> partition?

Usually, there is an option to install into a different
partition when a "custom" installation is chosen.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 9:40:43 PM

select the "custom" install and pick the partition.

some support

"Help!!" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G
and is only for OS
| but whenever i try to install something from a CD it
automaticlly attempts to
| install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install
on a different
| partition?
August 4, 2005 1:29:01 AM

"Ghostrider" wrote:

> Help!! wrote:
> > okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G and is only for OS
> > but whenever i try to install something from a CD it automaticlly attempts to
> > install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install on a different
> > partition?
>
> Usually, there is an option to install into a different
> partition when a "custom" installation is chosen.

yeah there usually is but once this CD loaded up it checked this partition
which is full and tells me that i can only install the minimum version and it
won't let me chose a different destination.
by the way this is a HP all-in-one series disks if that will clear things up
any
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 5:14:46 PM

Help!! wrote:

> "Ghostrider" wrote:
>

>>Help!! wrote:
>>
>>> okay i have a 250G HD with three partitions, C: is only 5G and is only for OS
>>>but whenever i try to install something from a CD it automaticlly attempts to
>>>install in C:, what do i have to do to get it to install on a different
>>>partition?
>>
>>Usually, there is an option to install into a different
>>partition when a "custom" installation is chosen.
>>

> yeah there usually is but once this CD loaded up it checked this partition
> which is full and tells me that i can only install the minimum version and it
> won't let me chose a different destination.
> by the way this is a HP all-in-one series disks if that will clear things up
> any

In this case, tough luck because the setup and install
instructions are geared to placing the files to a specific
location with in its specific folder. There are work-arounds,
depending on how comfortable one feels about re-writing the
installation script in these files. Try uninstalling what has
already been placed into Drive C and re-install into another
partition, especially applications. Our practice is to place
only the OS and install files for hardware only into Drive C
and 5 GB has been more than adequate.
!