remove (uninstall) HP PS2 Keyboard (2K-B) Driver

I installed this driver and it worked fine, but I now have a MS Elite
wireless and cannot get it to work be cause I cannot get the driver to
install. It keep defaulting back to the HP. Even after I uninstall the
device, it keeps wanting to come back.
How do I get rid of the HP PS2 Keyboard (2K-B) Driver

--
Jim Gramm
grammjr@insightbb.com

This e-mail scanned for virus, and is clean.

Check in "Add/Remove Programs" and tell WIndows to completely uninstall this
driver.

"Jim Gramm" <grammjr@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I installed this driver and it worked fine, but I now have a MS Elite
>wireless and cannot get it to work be cause I cannot get the driver to
>install. It keep defaulting back to the HP. Even after I uninstall the
>device, it keeps wanting to come back.
> How do I get rid of the HP PS2 Keyboard (2K-B) Driver
>
> --
> Jim Gramm
> grammjr@insightbb.com
> www.realtruth.net
>
> This e-mail scanned for virus, and is clean.

Does not show up in the add/remove list. There is no place I can find to
remove or uninstall except in control panel / keyboard. But when I reboot it
comes back.
I think what has happened is this HP PS2 Keyboard has hijacked the keyboard
PS2 plug and anything plugged into the port is recognized as the HP PS2
Keyboard even after it is removed.

> Check in "Add/Remove Programs" and tell WIndows to completely uninstall
> this driver.
>

> "Jim Gramm" <grammjr@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I installed this driver and it worked fine, but I now have a MS Elite
>>wireless and cannot get it to work be cause I cannot get the driver to
>>install. It keep defaulting back to the HP. Even after I uninstall the
>>device, it keeps wanting to come back.
>> How do I get rid of the HP PS2 Keyboard (2K-B) Driver
>>
>> --
>> Jim Gramm
>> grammjr@insightbb.com
>> www.realtruth.net
>>
>> This e-mail scanned for virus, and is clean.

I gotta believe it's spawning from the registry somewhere.
Maybe, Entries are found under this Registry path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard
I'd do a search for keywords "HP PS2" Keyboard in the registry.
Of course back-up the registry, and do a system restore point before
changing anything.
Luck,
Treeman

--
Treeman

I went through the whole reg and deleted everything with PS2. The only
things it would not let me delete were the PNP entries. It stall asked for
the HP PS2. I think it must be buried and a DLL but do not know which one.