XP 3200+ Overclock ?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has overclocked a xp 3200+ at all and if so
what happened.

I have PC3200 kingston RAM and an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo.

Cheers

Paul

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:40:52 GMT, me!! <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Just wondering if anyone has overclocked a xp 3200+ at all and if so
>what happened.
>
>I have PC3200 kingston RAM and an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo.
>
>Cheers
>
>Paul

The most you *might* obtain with this CPU is around 2400 mhz. However,
the CPU itself is at the very end of its speed and overclocking
capability. You may need water or other non standard cooling to
achieve 2400 speeds, plus good RAM and Mobo.

I have had mine running at 2400 speeds on an Abit NF7S Ver 2 board
(with Asetek water cooling on CPU and Northbridge) with CPU and RAM
voltage increases, however for the sake of stability, I now run it at
2200 mhz (at standard 200 FSB).

HTH
--
Avenger©
webweaver@CATihug.com.au

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Avenger©" <webweaver@CAT.ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:40:52 GMT, me!! <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Just wondering if anyone has overclocked a xp 3200+ at all and if so
> >what happened.
> >
> >I have PC3200 kingston RAM and an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Paul
>
> The most you *might* obtain with this CPU is around 2400 mhz. However,
> the CPU itself is at the very end of its speed and overclocking
> capability.

From my experience, most XP3200+'s will do 2400MHz fairly easily. They top
out around 2400~2500MHz, but then again, so do all Athlon XP's. Even the
newer mobile chips don't go much higher, if any.

Chip

My mobile 2500 can do 2600 stable :), have not been able to get it any
higher though, would need water cooling i think to get 2.7 or higher.

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:56:28 +0100, "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net>
wrote:

>"Avenger©" <webweaver@CAT.ihug.com.au> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:40:52 GMT, me!! <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >Just wondering if anyone has overclocked a xp 3200+ at all and if so
>> >what happened.
>> >
>> >I have PC3200 kingston RAM and an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo.
>> >
>> >Cheers
>> >
>> >Paul
>>
>> The most you *might* obtain with this CPU is around 2400 mhz. However,
>> the CPU itself is at the very end of its speed and overclocking
>> capability.
>
>From my experience, most XP3200+'s will do 2400MHz fairly easily. They top
>out around 2400~2500MHz, but then again, so do all Athlon XP's. Even the
>newer mobile chips don't go much higher, if any.
>
>Chip

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> My mobile 2500 can do 2600 stable :)

I would call that "not much higher, if any".

Without putting extreme cooling on the XP's, "mid 2000's" is as far as they
will go. I have seen 3400MHz from LN2 cooled rigs though ;-)

Chip