Difference between XP 2700 and XP 2700 + ?

BT

Can someone tell me the difference between an XP 2700 and XP 2700+. I just
ordered one, and don't know which it is. Is there a way I can tell by
looking at it. ALso, what is the maximum FSB speed these can run at?

Thanks,
Brian

sunbow

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

"BT" <pangean@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me the difference between an XP 2700 and XP 2700+. I just
> ordered one, and don't know which it is. Is there a way I can tell by
> looking at it. ALso, what is the maximum FSB speed these can run at?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

probably a typing error. what board are you putting it in?

BT

Thanks for such a quick response. I don't remember exactly....I don't have
the board in front of me right now....but it's an nforce 2 chipset. Are
there 2 different CPUs, or are 2700 and 2700+ different names for the same
thing? Ultimately, what I'm trying to get at... is what's the fastest type
of memory I can get?

> Thanks for such a quick response. I don't remember exactly....I don't have
> the board in front of me right now....but it's an nforce 2 chipset. Are
> there 2 different CPUs, or are 2700 and 2700+ different names for the same
> thing? Ultimately, what I'm trying to get at... is what's the fastest type
> of memory I can get?

Nforce2 will run most ram speeds including DDR400 and some above although
you`re into ram dividing then and most people will tell you to run your ram
at the same speed as your FSB. if you want 200MHz FSB for your cpu (over
2GHz i should think) then get DDR400 ram or if you want to leave it alone
then get DDR333 as i think 2700`s are 333MHz FSB.

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:56:44 +0000, BT wrote:

> Can someone tell me the difference between an XP 2700 and XP 2700+. I
> just ordered one, and don't know which it is.

The XP 2700+ is an amd cpu model number. The other one isn't. It might be
a typo, or it may be a scam.

> Is there a way I can tell by looking at it.

The part number on the cpu. And there's more than one 2700+ model. One is
a Tbred core, and the other is a barton core. The part number will
indicate which if you know the codes.

> ALso, what is the maximum FSB speed these can run at?

In theory, as high as your board can go. But this depends on the
multiplier used.
13x166 is default for Tbred, but it could run at 11x200 just as well.
12x166 is default for the barton, but it could run at 11x200 (3200+) just
as well.

BT

Oh ok. I get it. So there is no such thing as an XP 2700. I wasn't sure if
there were 2 different models, or if they were just being lazy and not
including the "+". Thanks to all for clearing it up for me.