auto install no new hardware

August 5, 2005 10:56:02 PM

I have a sony laptop and was trying to install the ALPS touchpad drivers. It
seems in windows an ALPS driver is for a printer. Now whenever I reboot my pc
the windows new hardware wizard opens and says a new printer is found. How do
i stop this from happening at startup. I had a look in msconfig/ startup and
there isn't anything in there that I can see.

Thank you.

Mitch

More about : auto install hardware

August 6, 2005 10:48:09 PM

In news:109F67CE-C09A-462A-908A-A482A2519C58@microsoft.com,
Michjo <Michjo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I have a sony laptop and was trying to install the ALPS touchpad
> drivers. It seems in windows an ALPS driver is for a printer. Now
> whenever I reboot my pc the windows new hardware wizard opens and
> says a new printer is found. How do i stop this from happening at
> startup. I had a look in msconfig/ startup and there isn't anything
> in there that I can see.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Mitch

Does this help?

The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
the Computer;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q298370

Galen

without them."