auto install no new hardware

I have a sony laptop and was trying to install the ALPS touchpad drivers. It
seems in windows an ALPS driver is for a printer. Now whenever I reboot my pc
the windows new hardware wizard opens and says a new printer is found. How do
i stop this from happening at startup. I had a look in msconfig/ startup and
there isn't anything in there that I can see.

Thank you.

Mitch
1 answer Last reply
More about auto install hardware

    In news:109F67CE-C09A-462A-908A-A482A2519C58@microsoft.com,
    Michjo <Michjo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I have a sony laptop and was trying to install the ALPS touchpad
    > drivers. It seems in windows an ALPS driver is for a printer. Now
    > whenever I reboot my pc the windows new hardware wizard opens and
    > says a new printer is found. How do i stop this from happening at
    > startup. I had a look in msconfig/ startup and there isn't anything
    > in there that I can see.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Mitch

    Does this help?

    The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
    the Computer;
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q298370

    Galen

    without them."