Gamevoice 1.5, Windows XP Home (SP2), and a WRT54G

August 7, 2005 8:45:01 PM

Hey Everyone,

I have been trying forever to get my PC to host a Gamevoice server behind my
WRT54G (Which has the firewall on). I have done everything I can possibly
think of to get it to work, not only have I tried forwarding the correct
ports to my PC, but I have also tried turning off the hardware firewall,
putting DMZ on my PC, and turning off my software firewall, but I still
cannot get my PC to host a session. I also checked Use the following IP
address (NAT/ICS) in the options and put my external IP address in the
blank. (I have tried the others options as well though)

I get this error message:

SideWinder Game Voice can't host a chat at this tine. Try running the Sound
Hardware Test Wizard or reinstalling DirectX 8.0 or later, and then restart
SideWinder Game Voice.

Before I had broadband, I was able to use 1.5 to host, but now that I have a
broadband, I am unable. I know the culprit is either my router (which is
unlikely) or the program. Has anyone else had had this problem? I did not
have the same problem with version 1.0, but with 1.5 I can't get it to work.

I am running Windows XP with SP2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 6:15:49 PM

The WRT54G is a NAT router. You will need to do "port-forwarding" from the
Public IP address (from the WRT54G WAN port) to you PC's private network IP.

"ShadowHawk" <ShadowHawk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I have been trying forever to get my PC to host a Gamevoice server behind
> my
> WRT54G (Which has the firewall on). I have done everything I can possibly
> think of to get it to work, not only have I tried forwarding the correct
> ports to my PC, but I have also tried turning off the hardware firewall,
> putting DMZ on my PC, and turning off my software firewall, but I still
> cannot get my PC to host a session. I also checked Use the following IP
> address (NAT/ICS) in the options and put my external IP address in the
> blank. (I have tried the others options as well though)
>
> I get this error message:
>
> SideWinder Game Voice can't host a chat at this tine. Try running the
> Sound
> Hardware Test Wizard or reinstalling DirectX 8.0 or later, and then
> restart
> SideWinder Game Voice.
>
> Before I had broadband, I was able to use 1.5 to host, but now that I have
> broadband, I am unable. I know the culprit is either my router (which is
> unlikely) or the program. Has anyone else had had this problem? I did
> not
> have the same problem with version 1.0, but with 1.5 I can't get it to
> work.
>
> I am running Windows XP with SP2.

August 20, 2005 11:43:19 PM

I have been searching for the GameVoice 1.5 software for windows and
cant' find it anywhere. Any chance of one of you emailing it to me?
(tim_sunde@yahoo.com). Dog gone HD died and did not have the that
version burned to a CD. Port Forwarding should fix your problem. I
have hosted on XP SP2 before without any problems. Thanks

--
tsunde
!