Sign in with
Your question

POPUP ERROR MESSAGE IN IE8 WHEN CLINKING ON MAIL ICON

Last response: in Windows 7
February 16, 2011 7:59:13 AM

Hello,
I just purchased a brand new Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Desktop Computer. I replaced it with my old Windows XP IE8 and used Hotmail as my email client which I still want to use on my new Windows 7 Computer. However; when I click on the read mail icon in IE8, on my new Windows 7 PC, I get a popup error message saying "Cannot perform operation because the Default Mail Client is not properly installed." And; being completely the NOVICE computer user, that I am. I will be very grateful and appreciate anyone who is familiar with this PC issue that has PC Lit. and/or Technical Support Knowledge that can assist me with Step-By-Step Instructions on How-To fix this. Thank-you! Sincerely, BLK
a c 253 $ Windows 7
February 16, 2011 12:34:38 PM

What do you mean "I replaced it with my old Windows XP IE8"? Did you just copy your favorites from your old PC to your new one? That is what I am assuming.

Also, did you use Outlook Express on your old PC to read your mail?

Just trying to figure out where to start. Please clarify.
m
l
February 27, 2011 3:45:35 PM

COLGeek said:
What do you mean "I replaced it with my old Windows XP IE8"? Did you just copy your favorites from your old PC to your new one? That is what I am assuming.

Also, did you use Outlook Express on your old PC to read your mail?

Just trying to figure out where to start. Please clarify.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself very clear. I got rid of my old PC (Windows XP) and went to Staples and bought a new HP Compaq Presario CQ5720F Desktop PC, preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. I used Windows Live Hotmail on my old PC and would like to continue using it as my Default Mail Client on my new PC. Thank-You!
m
l
!