POPUP ERROR MESSAGE IN IE8 WHEN CLINKING ON MAIL ICON

Hello,
I just purchased a brand new Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Desktop Computer. I replaced it with my old Windows XP IE8 and used Hotmail as my email client which I still want to use on my new Windows 7 Computer. However; when I click on the read mail icon in IE8, on my new Windows 7 PC, I get a popup error message saying "Cannot perform operation because the Default Mail Client is not properly installed." And; being completely the NOVICE computer user, that I am. I will be very grateful and appreciate anyone who is familiar with this PC issue that has PC Lit. and/or Technical Support Knowledge that can assist me with Step-By-Step Instructions on How-To fix this. Thank-you! Sincerely, BLK
3 answers Last reply
More about popup error message clinking mail icon
  1. What do you mean "I replaced it with my old Windows XP IE8"? Did you just copy your favorites from your old PC to your new one? That is what I am assuming.

Also, did you use Outlook Express on your old PC to read your mail?

Just trying to figure out where to start. Please clarify.
  2. COLGeek said:
    What do you mean "I replaced it with my old Windows XP IE8"? Did you just copy your favorites from your old PC to your new one? That is what I am assuming.

Also, did you use Outlook Express on your old PC to read your mail?

Just trying to figure out where to start. Please clarify.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself very clear. I got rid of my old PC (Windows XP) and went to Staples and bought a new HP Compaq Presario CQ5720F Desktop PC, preinstalled with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. I used Windows Live Hotmail on my old PC and would like to continue using it as my Default Mail Client on my new PC. Thank-You!
  3. Go here and download and install the program. Should be what you need:

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail?os=other

Good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Computers IE8