please insert a disk into drive F

I've seen this post a couple times, but there werent many answers given just
like small talk back and forth. I have a compaq presario with a samsung
dvd-rom sd-616e. I've had a home dvd player for a while, but had to travel
upstate for 3 months and just didnt want the expense of a laptop, so brought
my desk with me. I noticed that i can now no longer play any dvd's It says
to please insert a disk. It doesnt reaqd, dvd, cd, music files, nothing.
Someone said my decoder may be wrong, and i've been looking online for ages
trying to find it. This is really the last point before I take it to a
repairman. If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it. And just in
case, when i first bought my computer, could play dvd's, home burned ones and
commercial. No problems at all.

Thanks
Tom

Maybe in the move a wire came loose, check all connections to make sure they are tight.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+