I have XP pro, sb live (I belive its integrated), sound was working fine. Had
a problem with my roxio drag and drop program. I had to move my cpu and the
sound cord came un plugged. I reinstalled the sound jack and have no sounds
now. I did a trouble shoot and could not find a problem. It says my sb live
is working. I checked all of the mutes and they were fine. I did a couple of
system restores and no joy. (I have tried this in the past with other
computers when the sound stops and it seems to work, not this time.)
System check shows Creative SB Live Series (wdm) status OK.
any suggestions.
thanks
ron

Thanks for responses. I was referring to the box. I checked the speakers and
they work on another device. I also checked another set of speakers that work
on a third device and still no sound.
Being this is an integrated sound card, can i disable it or uninstall it and
have the system auto detect on boot and load the drivers.
thanks for the help
ron

"ronnn12345" wrote:

> I have XP pro, sb live (I belive its integrated), sound was working fine. Had
> a problem with my roxio drag and drop program. I had to move my cpu and the
> sound cord came un plugged. I reinstalled the sound jack and have no sounds
> now. I did a trouble shoot and could not find a problem. It says my sb live
> is working. I checked all of the mutes and they were fine. I did a couple of
> system restores and no joy. (I have tried this in the past with other
> computers when the sound stops and it seems to work, not this time.)
> System check shows Creative SB Live Series (wdm) status OK.
> any suggestions.
> thanks
> ron

If you plugged it back into the correct jack and you didn't break the
jack or the wire when you dragged the system around, I don't know what
else it could be.

ronnn12345 wrote:
> I have XP pro, sb live (I belive its integrated), sound was working fine. Had
> a problem with my roxio drag and drop program. I had to move my cpu and the
> sound cord came un plugged. I reinstalled the sound jack and have no sounds
> now. I did a trouble shoot and could not find a problem. It says my sb live
> is working. I checked all of the mutes and they were fine. I did a couple of
> system restores and no joy. (I have tried this in the past with other
> computers when the sound stops and it seems to work, not this time.)
> System check shows Creative SB Live Series (wdm) status OK.
> any suggestions.
> thanks
> ron

Oh sorry, and regarding the mobo/bias, Im not familiar with that area, and
would not know what Im looking for. I would not want to screw something up.
thanks

"ronnn12345" wrote:

> I have XP pro, sb live (I belive its integrated), sound was working fine. Had
> a problem with my roxio drag and drop program. I had to move my cpu and the
> sound cord came un plugged. I reinstalled the sound jack and have no sounds
> now. I did a trouble shoot and could not find a problem. It says my sb live
> is working. I checked all of the mutes and they were fine. I did a couple of
> system restores and no joy. (I have tried this in the past with other
> computers when the sound stops and it seems to work, not this time.)
> System check shows Creative SB Live Series (wdm) status OK.
> any suggestions.
> thanks
> ron

dl

Move the cpu? I take it you mean the box
cpu = central proccessing unit ie the AMD/Pentium chip that sits on the
mobo.

Tried a microphone / headphones ?
Perhaps in your tugging the sound cord connections were broken

"ronnn12345" <ronnn12345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have XP pro, sb live (I belive its integrated), sound was working fine.
Had
> a problem with my roxio drag and drop program. I had to move my cpu and
the
> sound cord came un plugged. I reinstalled the sound jack and have no
sounds
> now. I did a trouble shoot and could not find a problem. It says my sb
live
> is working. I checked all of the mutes and they were fine. I did a couple
of
> system restores and no joy. (I have tried this in the past with other
> computers when the sound stops and it seems to work, not this time.)
> System check shows Creative SB Live Series (wdm) status OK.
> any suggestions.
> thanks
> ron

dl

But were you able to plug a mic into the card and get it to work?

You'll have to check your mobo/bios to see if its possible to disable
onboard.
I assume you also went to Control Panel/system/hardware devices and checked
for any problems there?

> Thanks for responses. I was referring to the box. I checked the speakers
and
> they work on another device. I also checked another set of speakers that
work
> on a third device and still no sound.
> Being this is an integrated sound card, can i disable it or uninstall it
and
> have the system auto detect on boot and load the drivers.
> thanks for the help
> ron
>
> "ronnn12345" wrote:
>
> > I have XP pro, sb live (I belive its integrated), sound was working
fine. Had
> > a problem with my roxio drag and drop program. I had to move my cpu and
the
> > sound cord came un plugged. I reinstalled the sound jack and have no
sounds
> > now. I did a trouble shoot and could not find a problem. It says my sb
live
> > is working. I checked all of the mutes and they were fine. I did a
couple of
> > system restores and no joy. (I have tried this in the past with other
> > computers when the sound stops and it seems to work, not this time.)
> > System check shows Creative SB Live Series (wdm) status OK.
> > any suggestions.
> > thanks
> > ron

I checked you hardware devices, nothing found, I clicked on the sound device
and it said all is working. I dont have a mic to check sound input.
I tell ya, murphy and me are twins Im beginning to think.
thanks
ron

"DL" wrote:

> But were you able to plug a mic into the card and get it to work?
>
> You'll have to check your mobo/bios to see if its possible to disable
> onboard.
> I assume you also went to Control Panel/system/hardware devices and checked
> for any problems there?
>
> "ronnn12345" <ronnn12345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for responses. I was referring to the box. I checked the speakers
> and
> > they work on another device. I also checked another set of speakers that
> work
> > on a third device and still no sound.
> > Being this is an integrated sound card, can i disable it or uninstall it
> and
> > have the system auto detect on boot and load the drivers.
> > thanks for the help
> > ron
> >
> > "ronnn12345" wrote:
> >
> > > I have XP pro, sb live (I belive its integrated), sound was working
> fine. Had
> > > a problem with my roxio drag and drop program. I had to move my cpu and
> the
> > > sound cord came un plugged. I reinstalled the sound jack and have no
> sounds
> > > now. I did a trouble shoot and could not find a problem. It says my sb
> live
> > > is working. I checked all of the mutes and they were fine. I did a
> couple of
> > > system restores and no joy. (I have tried this in the past with other
> > > computers when the sound stops and it seems to work, not this time.)
> > > System check shows Creative SB Live Series (wdm) status OK.
> > > any suggestions.
> > > thanks
> > > ron

dl

motherboard / bios
The mobo manual or web site should have info re if its possible to disable
onboard sound.
It maybe done via a jumper on the mobo or it might be done in the bios.

> Oh sorry, and regarding the mobo/bias, Im not familiar with that area, and
> would not know what Im looking for. I would not want to screw something
up.
> thanks
>
> "ronnn12345" wrote:
>
> > I have XP pro, sb live (I belive its integrated), sound was working
fine. Had
> > a problem with my roxio drag and drop program. I had to move my cpu and
the
> > sound cord came un plugged. I reinstalled the sound jack and have no
sounds
> > now. I did a trouble shoot and could not find a problem. It says my sb
live
> > is working. I checked all of the mutes and they were fine. I did a
couple of
> > system restores and no joy. (I have tried this in the past with other
> > computers when the sound stops and it seems to work, not this time.)
> > System check shows Creative SB Live Series (wdm) status OK.
> > any suggestions.
> > thanks
> > ron

Thanks for info. I will look into the mobo options. Dang it use to be so
much easier when it was plug and play.
If you think of something else, please let me know,
thanks for you input and expecially your time.
ron