hello everybody,how y'all doin
i hope u can help me out here , i have ADSL modem d-link usb model
210.i connect it through a usb port to the computer and a phone line
from the phone socket on the wall to the modem...

i have enabled sharing the internet from the dial up connection , and i
have added a new pci network card card in the p.c , and connected the
cable from the networkcard to a hub,now from the hub i took another
cable and connected it to my laptop..now here is the thing i gave them
both ip add 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 they can ping each other and
see each other but i cannot use the internet from the laptop...ps:i
have ran the network setup wizard..but nothing can anyone help me

--
brain_dead

I am not very sure but at least this shows someone is reading these
postings.... I have had no responses to mine at all, so here goes....
The IP Address of 168.192.0.1, maybe use another one, I think that you
cannot use .1, this is usually reserved for the router itself. Try .3
instead. ;)

brain_dead Wrote:
> hello everybody,how y'all doin
> i hope u can help me out here , i have ADSL modem d-link usb model
> 210.i connect it through a usb port to the computer and a phone line
> from the phone socket on the wall to the modem...
>
> i have enabled sharing the internet from the dial up connection , and i
> have added a new pci network card card in the p.c , and connected the
> cable from the networkcard to a hub,now from the hub i took another
> cable and connected it to my laptop..now here is the thing i gave them
> both ip add 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 they can ping each other and
> see each other but i cannot use the internet from the laptop...ps:i
> have ran the network setup wizard..but nothing can anyone help me

--
RobC