Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

The Ultimate Mousepad

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:43:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

The sweetest mousepad (for optical mice) that I've ever /seen/ is a
marble tile that I picked up for $2.00 at a garage sale on Saturday. It
has a mirror finish for lightning fast sliding, yet the variegated
colours provide excellent contrast for the optical sensor. As a bonus,
it looks sooooo classy that I'm thinking of making an oak frame for it.

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

More about : ultimate mousepad

May 5, 2005 6:46:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in news:bP0ee.1216297
$8l.445357@pd7tw1no:

> The sweetest mousepad (for optical mice) that I've ever /seen/ is a
> marble tile that I picked up for $2.00 at a garage sale on Saturday. It
> has a mirror finish for lightning fast sliding, yet the variegated
> colours provide excellent contrast for the optical sensor. As a bonus,
> it looks sooooo classy that I'm thinking of making an oak frame for it.
>

Sounds great, and Easy to keep clean (until you put your frame on {or drop}
it). ^_^
I use a track-ball (Exclusivly, for a "few" years), but the "best" mousepad
I've used (optical or ball) has been a legal pad (8.5" x 14", white or
yellow).
You get a new rodent-home with the turn of each page, and the added
advantage of writing notes on it (without a worry).
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 6:46:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Thu, 05 May 2005 02:46:01 -0500, Scotty wrote:

>> The sweetest mousepad (for optical mice) that I've ever /seen/ is a
>> marble tile that I picked up for $2.00 at a garage sale on Saturday.

> the "best"
> mousepad I've used (optical or ball) has been a legal pad (8.5" x 14",
> white or yellow).

But there is no wrist support with either of those.

I can't imagine using a mousepad without a good wrist support.

I've always been more of a keyboard jockey than a WIMP (as it were), and
I find that using a mouse for too long really cramps my hand. A wrist
support helps quite a lot (I have a good Belkin mousepad on my "main"
desktop machine) and making sure that the mouse and keyboard are at the
proper height is also important.
Related resources
May 5, 2005 9:20:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

innocent_lamb <nospam@example.com> wrote in
news:p an.2005.05.05.08.15.04.95435@example.com:

> On Thu, 05 May 2005 02:46:01 -0500, Scotty wrote:
>
>>> The sweetest mousepad (for optical mice) that I've ever /seen/ is a
>>> marble tile that I picked up for $2.00 at a garage sale on Saturday.
>
>> the "best"
>> mousepad I've used (optical or ball) has been a legal pad (8.5" x
>> 14", white or yellow).
>
> But there is no wrist support with either of those.
>

erm,., trackball (Preferred).

> I can't imagine using a mousepad without a good wrist support.
>
> I've always been more of a keyboard jockey than a WIMP (as it were),
> and I find that using a mouse for too long really cramps my hand. A
> wrist support helps quite a lot (I have a good Belkin mousepad on my
> "main" desktop machine) and making sure that the mouse and keyboard
> are at the proper height is also important.
>

Ahh, Key-Shorts (Yay!), Now to just get a trackball in the middle of the
keyboard. ^_-

Seriously...
I do a wee-bit of Graphics work, and the wrist support Is a (Really) nice
thing to discover (Trackball), before the Doctor says, "Yep, carpal
tunnel" (then adds a bill to it).
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 4:12:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Snotty wrote:
> innocent_lamb <nospam@example.com> wrote in
> news:p an.2005.05.05.08.15.04.95435@example.com:
>
>
>>On Thu, 05 May 2005 02:46:01 -0500, Scotty wrote:
>>
>>
>>>>The sweetest mousepad (for optical mice) that I've ever /seen/ is a
>>>>marble tile that I picked up for $2.00 at a garage sale on Saturday.
>>
>>>the "best"
>>>mousepad I've used (optical or ball) has been a legal pad (8.5" x
>>>14", white or yellow).
>>
>>But there is no wrist support with either of those.
>>
>
>
> erm,., trackball (Preferred).
>
>
>>I can't imagine using a mousepad without a good wrist support.
>>
>>I've always been more of a keyboard jockey than a WIMP (as it were),
>>and I find that using a mouse for too long really cramps my hand. A
>>wrist support helps quite a lot (I have a good Belkin mousepad on my
>>"main" desktop machine) and making sure that the mouse and keyboard
>>are at the proper height is also important.
>>
>
>
> Ahh, Key-Shorts (Yay!), Now to just get a trackball in the middle of the
> keyboard. ^_-
>
> Seriously...
> I do a wee-bit of Graphics work, and the wrist support Is a (Really) nice
> thing to discover (Trackball), before the Doctor says, "Yep, carpal
> tunnel" (then adds a bill to it).

True enough. I play DoD almost every day, so adding a nice, fat, gel
pad to the frame would be a happiness making thing!

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad
!