Floating Point Operations & AMD

I am upgrading a computer for my brother who is a day trader. He runs
6 -21" LCD monitors off of 2 quad graphic boards (AppianX). Current PC is P4
2.4. Likely reusing the video cards, was planning on an Athlon 64 3400+.
My only performance concern is his use is only 2D graphics (and lots of it)
and with the display calculations, heavily depends on the FLOPS part of the
processor. I know AMD is not as strong as Intel in this regard, but does
anyone know how much the difference is?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about floating point operations

    Keith B. Silverman wrote:
    > I am upgrading a computer for my brother who is a day trader. He runs
    > 6 -21" LCD monitors off of 2 quad graphic boards (AppianX). Current PC is P4
    > 2.4. Likely reusing the video cards, was planning on an Athlon 64 3400+.
    > My only performance concern is his use is only 2D graphics (and lots of it)
    > and with the display calculations, heavily depends on the FLOPS part of the
    > processor. I know AMD is not as strong as Intel in this regard, but does
    > anyone know how much the difference is?
    >
    > Thanks!

    AMD wins out... by a large margin

    http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=noconaopteron&page=1&cookie%5Ftest=1