Floating Point Operations & AMD

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
August 5, 2004 4:50:15 PM

I am upgrading a computer for my brother who is a day trader. He runs
6 -21" LCD monitors off of 2 quad graphic boards (AppianX). Current PC is P4
2.4. Likely reusing the video cards, was planning on an Athlon 64 3400+.
My only performance concern is his use is only 2D graphics (and lots of it)
and with the display calculations, heavily depends on the FLOPS part of the
processor. I know AMD is not as strong as Intel in this regard, but does
anyone know how much the difference is?

Thanks!
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 5, 2004 5:07:00 PM

Keith B. Silverman wrote:
> I am upgrading a computer for my brother who is a day trader. He runs
> 6 -21" LCD monitors off of 2 quad graphic boards (AppianX). Current PC is P4
> 2.4. Likely reusing the video cards, was planning on an Athlon 64 3400+.
> My only performance concern is his use is only 2D graphics (and lots of it)
> and with the display calculations, heavily depends on the FLOPS part of the
> processor. I know AMD is not as strong as Intel in this regard, but does
> anyone know how much the difference is?
>
> Thanks!

AMD wins out... by a large margin

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=noconaop...