modem dissappears from device manager

Hi to all,
I recently uninstalled my internal modem drivers by
removing all the modem manufacturers entries from the registry...to my
shock however, modem has stopped appearing in the device manager....
any fix for this problem??

Sanyam

--
Sanyam Yadav
Sanyam Yadav's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5719

You will have to re-install the drivers for it. Also, what made you decide to remove entries from
registry, you shouldn't play around in the registry as this contains all the information Windows
needs to run properly.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"Sanyam Yadav" <Sanyam.Yadav.1thql5@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi to all,
> I recently uninstalled my internal modem drivers by
> removing all the modem manufacturers entries from the registry...to my
> shock however, modem has stopped appearing in the device manager....
> any fix for this problem??
>
> Sanyam
>

> --
> Sanyam Yadav
> Sanyam Yadav's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5719
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=339049
> Visit - http://www.techarena.in | http://forums.techarena.in | http://gallery.techarena.in

By removing the Registry entries, you now tell XP to ignore your modem. You
will now have re-install the drivers in order for XP to detect your modem.

Why remove the drivers when the modem was still defined in Device Manager??

"Sanyam Yadav" <Sanyam.Yadav.1thql5@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi to all,
> I recently uninstalled my internal modem drivers by
> removing all the modem manufacturers entries from the registry...to my
> shock however, modem has stopped appearing in the device manager....
> any fix for this problem??
>
> Sanyam
>

> --
> Sanyam Yadav
> Sanyam Yadav's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5719
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=339049
> Visit - http://www.techarena.in | http://forums.techarena.in |
> http://gallery.techarena.in

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I recently uninstalled my internal modem drivers by
> removing all the modem manufacturers entries from the
> registry...to my
> shock however, modem has stopped appearing in the device
> manager....
> any fix for this problem??
>
> Sanyam
>

> --
> Sanyam Yadav
> ----------
> Sanyam Yadav's Profile:
> http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5719
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=339049
> Visit - http://www.techarena.in | http://forums.techarena.in
> | http://gallery.techarena.in

Reinstall drivers

or if that fails

You could
1. Remove the Modem phyisicly
2. Boot windows
3. turn it off again
4. Plug the modem back in
5. Boot windows and see if it reapears
6. Reinstall Drivers

or

1. Remove modem
2. Plug it back into a diffrent COM/PCI port/socket
3. Reinstall drivers

"...to my shock however, modem has stopped appearing in the device
manager.... "

How are you supprised by this? Your obviusly asking for trouble
deleting registary entries with out thinking twice.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-modem-dissappears-device-manager-ftopict406461.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1347992