cd rom missing after upgrading from win2k to xp

After upgraded my pc from 2000 to XP/SP2, both my cdrom and dvd burner are
disappeared. No question mark in control panel/device manager.
Tried the method posted on microsoft support artical No.320553 by deleting
2 keys in regeistry, it does not help.
MB is old asus a7v133 with VIA chipset, it do find cdrom/dvd in POST.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Gary

When you did the upgrade, did your un-install your anti-virus system? Also,
were you running Roxio Easy CD 4/5 on WIndows 2000? If yes, you needed to
un-install it. Version 4 does not work in XP and version 5 needs a patch.

"w2ang" <w2ang@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> After upgraded my pc from 2000 to XP/SP2, both my cdrom and dvd burner
> are disappeared. No question mark in control panel/device manager.
> Tried the method posted on microsoft support artical No.320553 by
> deleting 2 keys in regeistry, it does not help.
> MB is old asus a7v133 with VIA chipset, it do find cdrom/dvd in POST.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated!
> Gary

I have Symantec antivirus 8, and I didn't uninstall it in upgrading. Is this
an issue and how to fix it?
I am using Sonic recordernow, which is Easy CD's sibling? , that come with
my dvd burner. Again is this an issue?

Thanks

> When you did the upgrade, did your un-install your anti-virus system?
> Also, were you running Roxio Easy CD 4/5 on WIndows 2000? If yes, you
> needed to un-install it. Version 4 does not work in XP and version 5
> needs a patch.
>

> "w2ang" <w2ang@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> After upgraded my pc from 2000 to XP/SP2, both my cdrom and dvd burner
>> are disappeared. No question mark in control panel/device manager.
>> Tried the method posted on microsoft support artical No.320553 by
>> deleting 2 keys in regeistry, it does not help.
>> MB is old asus a7v133 with VIA chipset, it do find cdrom/dvd in POST.
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated!
>> Gary

Found problem, IDE controller driver causes the problem