Prints on photo paper peeling off!?

Remember when you were a kid, smearing glue all over your fingers just
so you peel it all off again? Well I just printed a CD cover on some
glossy paper - trimmed it to fit a CD case - inserted it and notice it
had "rubbed" a small blank spot through the ink to the paper. The
image is now peeling away easily from the paper.

Any way to make sure this doesn't happen again?

Printer is a Canon i965. Glossy photo paper.

Allan.

"Just Allan" <justallan@COLDhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Remember when you were a kid, smearing glue all over your fingers just
> so you peel it all off again? Well I just printed a CD cover on some
> glossy paper - trimmed it to fit a CD case - inserted it and notice it
> had "rubbed" a small blank spot through the ink to the paper. The
> image is now peeling away easily from the paper.
>
> Any way to make sure this doesn't happen again?
>
> Printer is a Canon i965. Glossy photo paper.

Is that Cannon photo glossy paper?

If not try another brand. I've found that some papers and inks simply don't
work well together. In particular there are at least two main different
types of glossy paper....

http://www.mwords.co.uk/pages/FAQ/articlePaperTypesBrands.htm

....and they work differently to produce prints that have different
properties.

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:39:24 GMT, "CWatters"
<colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote:

>> Remember when you were a kid, smearing glue all over your fingers just
>> so you peel it all off again? Well I just printed a CD cover on some
>> glossy paper - trimmed it to fit a CD case - inserted it and notice it
>> had "rubbed" a small blank spot through the ink to the paper. The
>> image is now peeling away easily from the paper.
>>
>> Any way to make sure this doesn't happen again?
>>
>> Printer is a Canon i965. Glossy photo paper.
>
>Is that Cannon photo glossy paper?

Nope - just some leftover stuff I had. This morning it seems quite a
bit more permanent, although I can still scratch if off fairly easily.

>If not try another brand.

Yep.

>I've found that some papers and inks simply don't
>work well together. In particular there are at least two main different
>types of glossy paper....

Anyone out there with a Canon, who uses Canon photo paper? Did you
have this problem??

Allan.