Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, ..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Folks:

I am interested in building my own Network Server Appliances. For now I
just want to study/investigate the necessary HARDWARE to build my
Appliances.
Specifically, I am interested in getting the following hardware:

* Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD,
1 CD, LED Panel, etc)

Actually the manufacturer need not be TYAN. Any reliable manufacturer (for
example; SuperMicro, etc) will be quite OK for me.
For now, I just want to investigate the (Tyan/ Etc Mini Rack Mount Case)
being put onto the market by a variety of manufacturers
Later on I will move onto the SOFTWARE side of the APPLIANCE creation
process.

* Can anyone tell me where I can purchase (AT THE RETAIL LEVEL) Mini 1U
Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
from various manufacturers.

* I would love to hear about the experiences of folks who are
successfully building network server appliances for various purposes.

Thanks,
John.
2 answers Last reply
More about tyan mini rack mount chassis 200w
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    JohnNews wrote:

    > * Can anyone tell me where I can purchase (AT THE RETAIL LEVEL) Mini 1U
    > Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
    > from various manufacturers.

    http://www.calpc.com/catalog/contents.html
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    > * I would love to hear about the experiences of folks who are
    > successfully building network server appliances for various purposes.

    I've built a number of 1U and 2U chassis over the years from componants,
    and none of them have *ever* been a slick or nice as a SuperMicro. They
    custom-build the chassis and motherboards to fit one another ideally, and
    you just can't get that when you build one from generics. They're a bit
    pricy, and unfortunately only carry Intel-based machines, but they are very
    reliable, solid, well-designed, and well-built machines.

    steve

AMD Hardware Tyan Overclocking CD-Rom