I've had a new hard drive installed which is working without any problems. My
old hard drive has been fitted into my new(er) computer but I can't access
the files that I left on it except for the Windows system and program files.
It has come up as Drive F and I've tried everything I know (which isn't much!)
Please help me recover my old documents.
Any info will be much appreciated
Thanks
--
I tried to back-up my hard drive but I couldn't find reverse.

You should/have run the file transfer wizard,set as old computer,then select
files,folders,settings for it to save,transfer the data to a new folder you
create,
then once the data is collected,write to a cd.

"booter" wrote:

> I've had a new hard drive installed which is working without any problems. My
> old hard drive has been fitted into my new(er) computer but I can't access
> the files that I left on it except for the Windows system and program files.
> It has come up as Drive F and I've tried everything I know (which isn't much!)
> Please help me recover my old documents.
> Any info will be much appreciated
> Thanks
> --
> I tried to back-up my hard drive but I couldn't find reverse.

See "Take Ownership" instructions in Help and Support.

booter wrote:

> I've had a new hard drive installed which is working without any problems. My
> old hard drive has been fitted into my new(er) computer but I can't access
> the files that I left on it except for the Windows system and program files.
> It has come up as Drive F and I've tried everything I know (which isn't much!)
> Please help me recover my old documents.
> Any info will be much appreciated
> Thanks

Thanks Bob and Andrew
I haven't investigated your suggestions yet but at least I've got something
to work on.
Thanks to you both for your comments - I'll let you know if either plan of
action works.
Thanks again.