widescreen resolution on nvidia geforce fx 5200

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

hi i was wondering how i can get a widescreen resolution on nividia geforce
fx 5200... i am using the tv out and are currently running media center
2005... a 16:9 resolution isn't listed and i was wondering what i could do
and if there was anything in the registry i could change.
13 answers Last reply
More about widescreen resolution nvidia geforce 5200
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    The drivers provide that capability. Visit Nvidia web site for the
    current ones.

    eurostyle360 wrote:

    > hi i was wondering how i can get a widescreen resolution on nividia geforce
    > fx 5200... i am using the tv out and are currently running media center
    > 2005... a 16:9 resolution isn't listed and i was wondering what i could do
    > and if there was anything in the registry i could change.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Which just came out today with version 77.77.


    "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:u8DckVnnFHA.3312@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > The drivers provide that capability. Visit Nvidia web site for the current
    > ones.
    >
    > eurostyle360 wrote:
    >
    >> hi i was wondering how i can get a widescreen resolution on nividia
    >> geforce fx 5200... i am using the tv out and are currently running media
    >> center 2005... a 16:9 resolution isn't listed and i was wondering what i
    >> could do and if there was anything in the registry i could change.
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    i know that the drivers SHOULD offer this to me but i do not see it as an
    option and i do have the latest drivers to date which is why i was wondering
    if there was any registry changes i could make... if so could you also post a
    list of common widescreen resolutions... and i would also like to know if
    windows media center wont look streched out after the changes and immediately
    recognise the changes allowing me to acces the options to stratch video etc.
    thanks in advance

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > The drivers provide that capability. Visit Nvidia web site for the
    > current ones.
    >
    > eurostyle360 wrote:
    >
    > > hi i was wondering how i can get a widescreen resolution on nividia geforce
    > > fx 5200... i am using the tv out and are currently running media center
    > > 2005... a 16:9 resolution isn't listed and i was wondering what i could do
    > > and if there was anything in the registry i could change.
    >
    >
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Is the inf file for the monitor installed?

    eurostyle360 wrote:

    > i know that the drivers SHOULD offer this to me but i do not see it as an
    > option and i do have the latest drivers to date which is why i was wondering
    > if there was any registry changes i could make... if so could you also post a
    > list of common widescreen resolutions... and i would also like to know if
    > windows media center wont look streched out after the changes and immediately
    > recognise the changes allowing me to acces the options to stratch video etc.
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>The drivers provide that capability. Visit Nvidia web site for the
    >>current ones.
    >>
    >>eurostyle360 wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>hi i was wondering how i can get a widescreen resolution on nividia geforce
    >>>fx 5200... i am using the tv out and are currently running media center
    >>>2005... a 16:9 resolution isn't listed and i was wondering what i could do
    >>>and if there was anything in the registry i could change.
    >>
    >>
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    i have no idea... what exactly is that and what do i need it for... i dont
    have any display attached except for a 16:9 tv attached to the tv output...

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > Is the inf file for the monitor installed?
    >
    > eurostyle360 wrote:
    >
    > > i know that the drivers SHOULD offer this to me but i do not see it as an
    > > option and i do have the latest drivers to date which is why i was wondering
    > > if there was any registry changes i could make... if so could you also post a
    > > list of common widescreen resolutions... and i would also like to know if
    > > windows media center wont look streched out after the changes and immediately
    > > recognise the changes allowing me to acces the options to stratch video etc.
    > > thanks in advance
    > >
    > > "Bob I" wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>The drivers provide that capability. Visit Nvidia web site for the
    > >>current ones.
    > >>
    > >>eurostyle360 wrote:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>>hi i was wondering how i can get a widescreen resolution on nividia geforce
    > >>>fx 5200... i am using the tv out and are currently running media center
    > >>>2005... a 16:9 resolution isn't listed and i was wondering what i could do
    > >>>and if there was anything in the registry i could change.
    > >>
    > >>
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter (More info?)

    OH DUH, just dawned on me you are using mediacenter, so I have really
    been chasing one. My apologies! Please ask in the
    public.windows.mediacenter group as there may be someone qualified to
    answer the problem. (I crossposted this)

    eurostyle360 wrote:

    > i have no idea... what exactly is that and what do i need it for... i dont
    > have any display attached except for a 16:9 tv attached to the tv output...
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Is the inf file for the monitor installed?
    >>
    >>eurostyle360 wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>i know that the drivers SHOULD offer this to me but i do not see it as an
    >>>option and i do have the latest drivers to date which is why i was wondering
    >>>if there was any registry changes i could make... if so could you also post a
    >>>list of common widescreen resolutions... and i would also like to know if
    >>>windows media center wont look streched out after the changes and immediately
    >>>recognise the changes allowing me to acces the options to stratch video etc.
    >>>thanks in advance
    >>>
    >>>"Bob I" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>The drivers provide that capability. Visit Nvidia web site for the
    >>>>current ones.
    >>>>
    >>>>eurostyle360 wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>hi i was wondering how i can get a widescreen resolution on nividia geforce
    >>>>>fx 5200... i am using the tv out and are currently running media center
    >>>>>2005... a 16:9 resolution isn't listed and i was wondering what i could do
    >>>>>and if there was anything in the registry i could change.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    yea so heres the deal... i have the latest nvidia drivers on my media center
    but its hooked up to a 16:9 tv display and i would like to access the media
    center strecthing options for the display as well as not have the interface
    stretched... my drivers do not give me an option for a widescreen resolution
    and i wanted to know if i could do anything about it.... im aware that i
    could make changes in the registry and if i have to resort to this can i
    please have an explanation... also i would like to know if after i make the
    resolution changes will media center automatically detect the changes and
    give me the options for video stretching etc. or will i have to change a
    setting within mce....thanks again
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Just one question.....


    How is the TV hooked up to the computer? If you connecting it using the
    S-video jack or RCA jack then I doubt you will be given much choices in how
    it is displayed

    --
    Pavel


    "eurostyle360" <eurostyle360@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:EFB596FE-1C58-4600-818A-D70DDA40FF07@microsoft.com...
    > yea so heres the deal... i have the latest nvidia drivers on my media
    > center
    > but its hooked up to a 16:9 tv display and i would like to access the
    > media
    > center strecthing options for the display as well as not have the
    > interface
    > stretched... my drivers do not give me an option for a widescreen
    > resolution
    > and i wanted to know if i could do anything about it.... im aware that i
    > could make changes in the registry and if i have to resort to this can i
    > please have an explanation... also i would like to know if after i make
    > the
    > resolution changes will media center automatically detect the changes and
    > give me the options for video stretching etc. or will i have to change a
    > setting within mce....thanks again
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    The TV out connection - either S-video or Composite, is only able to carry a
    480i resolution - which is 4:3 standard definition.

    That is why MCE will automatically change you resolution to 640X480 (480i)
    when mce starts if you had selected S-video, or Composite as the type of
    connection you are using in the setup wizard.

    What you can do (I know some people do this - but I would recommend using a
    HD or ED capable connection) is this.

    1) Go thru the display wizard and tell it that you are connected via
    component (3 cables) - this won't affect mce, it will just not change the
    resolution to 480i

    2) Set your resoltion to a 16X9 resolution. You might want to try 848X480,
    The futher you go from 480i the worse the quality of you video will be.

    3) Set you widescreen tv to stretch the signal.

    Good Luck
    Mash


    "eurostyle360" wrote:

    > yea so heres the deal... i have the latest nvidia drivers on my media center
    > but its hooked up to a 16:9 tv display and i would like to access the media
    > center strecthing options for the display as well as not have the interface
    > stretched... my drivers do not give me an option for a widescreen resolution
    > and i wanted to know if i could do anything about it.... im aware that i
    > could make changes in the registry and if i have to resort to this can i
    > please have an explanation... also i would like to know if after i make the
    > resolution changes will media center automatically detect the changes and
    > give me the options for video stretching etc. or will i have to change a
    > setting within mce....thanks again
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    that makes alot of sense now... thanks for the help butwhat if i ACTUALLY
    want 3 composite cables... what kind of card would i have to install because
    i have never seen such a thing before...
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    If the video is on the motherboard then most of them will not have this.
    Same for older video cards. Many new cards have the ability to provide a
    component (YPbPr) and/or DVI output in addition to RGB, S-Video and
    composite.
    I have not searched, but I would not be suppressed to see a VGA to DVI or to
    Component converter.

    --
    Pavel


    "eurostyle360" <eurostyle360@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:6F25165B-9F6B-43C5-824E-1733A9875D46@microsoft.com...
    > that makes alot of sense now... thanks for the help butwhat if i ACTUALLY
    > want 3 composite cables... what kind of card would i have to install
    > because
    > i have never seen such a thing before...
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    There is and I use it to hook my Gforce FX5600 to my JVC 61" HD-ILA Screen.
    The cable is $130+ they are not cheap, found it at circuit city. Works
    amazingly better then any VGA monitor I've ever seen, and it's 61" that
    amazing.

    You much use the Nvidia drivers setting app for digital Flat screens and
    underscan the tv to fit windows on the screen. This works on Vista as well as
    MCE and XP.

    If any needs help make their nvidia drivers work with there digial screen
    let me know.

    "Pavel" wrote:

    > If the video is on the motherboard then most of them will not have this.
    > Same for older video cards. Many new cards have the ability to provide a
    > component (YPbPr) and/or DVI output in addition to RGB, S-Video and
    > composite.
    > I have not searched, but I would not be suppressed to see a VGA to DVI or to
    > Component converter.
    >
    > --
    > Pavel
    >
    >
    > "eurostyle360" <eurostyle360@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:6F25165B-9F6B-43C5-824E-1733A9875D46@microsoft.com...
    > > that makes alot of sense now... thanks for the help butwhat if i ACTUALLY
    > > want 3 composite cables... what kind of card would i have to install
    > > because
    > > i have never seen such a thing before...
    >
    >
    >
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I have the same card and have my Sony TV connected by S-VHS cable only. I
    tried in vain for ages to get widescreen, but then went for a resolution of
    1280x720 and it just worked. Every other resolution I tried chopped of the
    edges off the screen. So, S-VHS does carry widescreen for me and no complex
    cables necessary.

    I then just tweaked the under / over scans in nView to get the picture to
    fit perfectly.

    Give it a go...

    "Jeremy" wrote:

    > There is and I use it to hook my Gforce FX5600 to my JVC 61" HD-ILA Screen.
    > The cable is $130+ they are not cheap, found it at circuit city. Works
    > amazingly better then any VGA monitor I've ever seen, and it's 61" that
    > amazing.
    >
    > You much use the Nvidia drivers setting app for digital Flat screens and
    > underscan the tv to fit windows on the screen. This works on Vista as well as
    > MCE and XP.
    >
    > If any needs help make their nvidia drivers work with there digial screen
    > let me know.
    >
    > "Pavel" wrote:
    >
    > > If the video is on the motherboard then most of them will not have this.
    > > Same for older video cards. Many new cards have the ability to provide a
    > > component (YPbPr) and/or DVI output in addition to RGB, S-Video and
    > > composite.
    > > I have not searched, but I would not be suppressed to see a VGA to DVI or to
    > > Component converter.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Pavel
    > >
    > >
    > > "eurostyle360" <eurostyle360@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > news:6F25165B-9F6B-43C5-824E-1733A9875D46@microsoft.com...
    > > > that makes alot of sense now... thanks for the help butwhat if i ACTUALLY
    > > > want 3 composite cables... what kind of card would i have to install
    > > > because
    > > > i have never seen such a thing before...
    > >
    > >
    > >
Ask a new question

Read More

Resolution Geforce Windows XP