something clicked on the taskbar after I'd pressed the expansion arrow, and
then the next thing I know, I have a message from the hardware managing thing
or whatever, telling me that my cd/dvd drive is being prepared for "safe
removal". When I go to the device manager off of the control pannel and look
at the properties for the cd/dvd drive, it tells me that it's been prepared
for "safe removal" but hasn't yet been removed. How do I prevent it from
getting removed?

Brianna, is your cd/dvd drive a External USB 2.0 Configuration?
"Brianna" <Brianna @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> something clicked on the taskbar after I'd pressed the expansion arrow,
> and
> then the next thing I know, I have a message from the hardware managing
> thing
> or whatever, telling me that my cd/dvd drive is being prepared for "safe
> removal". When I go to the device manager off of the control pannel and
> look
> at the properties for the cd/dvd drive, it tells me that it's been
> prepared
> for "safe removal" but hasn't yet been removed. How do I prevent it from
> getting removed?

:| i have absolutely no idea uhmm how do i find that out for you?