You know you MAME too much when...

Last response: in Video Games
May 5, 2005 11:02:11 PM

You develop a mame belly

lob

More about : mame

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

news:Xns964DC192AC824lob30yahoocom@
> 203.26.24.228:
>
> > You know you MAME too much when...
>

> On a visit to Wellington Zoo [New Zealand], you demand to know why
there's
> no arcade machine enclosure.
>
> lob

You tell the Zoo Keeper to start laying bricks because that lion is
breaking through soon

When you go to the monkey house you're suprised to see what the
gorillas actually throw instead of barrels or coconuts

You jump into the ostrich pen, mounting one of the birds and trying to
get it to fly (before getting pecked to death)
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

You build a cabinet so you can play MAME when you go to the toilet

lob wrote:
> Crossing a busy road is just an excuse to play Frogger

None of these are even remotely funny, you idiot.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

Everytime you see a red door you enter and demand the secret plans
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

You actually know how to play Mahjong
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

You believe you can jump over anything
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

It won't be funny either, you spamming son of a bitch.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

You dream in vector graphics
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

.... you sell one of your MAME cabs to a friend for less than what it
cost you to actually build it - just so it will be at his house for you
to play whenever you're over.

Sad, but true.

-Jeff
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

You come up with the idea for MAME beer

You paint your toilet to resemble Pac-Man (or Ms. Pac-Man) to recieve
your own special home-brewed power pellets.

You keep trying to drive up into moving semi truck trailers

You take your home-made controller to bed with you at night (er.. maybe
I should say dawn)

You outfit your car with coin slots and have to insert 50 cents for it
to start

You think any armored tank can be driven with just two joysticks

You fabricate your own Moon Patrol vehicle for driving around
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Gokarts/auctio...
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:12 PM

lob wrote on 05. May 2005:

> You develop a mame belly

Every time you boot up your machine. And instead of login in with ID and
password you wiggle the joystick.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;

The Pinny Parlour wrote:
> You purchase a projector with the sole purpose of using it to play
> full size Street Fighter on the outside wall of your house with your
> drunken mates on the weekend.
>
> Projector for what? Movies?? No ;-)

Hehehe , I like the sound of that
--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:02:13 PM

On 2005-05-05, gooroo <af605@hotmail.com> wrote:

> None of these are even remotely funny, you idiot.

Yeah they are, be quiet. You can always not read them.

--
For every expert, there is an equal but opposite expert
Anonymous

In a parallel universe, Anti-The Pinny Parlour said exactly the opposite
of:

> You purchase a projector with the sole purpose of using it to play
> full size Street Fighter on the outside wall of your house with your
> drunken mates on the weekend.
>
> Projector for what? Movies?? No ;-)

You construct a laserMAME project so you can play Asteroids on the clouds.
You declare bankrupcy a short while later when you receive your electricity
bill.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

"Mameworld" isn't enough...you need mamemultiverse.

lob
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:06:35 PM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC192AC824lob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> You know you MAME too much when...

On a visit to Wellington Zoo [New Zealand], you demand to know why there's
no arcade machine enclosure.

lob
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:10:14 PM

Your only friends in the world are members of the "arcade community"...

lob
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:10:15 PM

lob wrote on 05. May 2005:

> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC3151C506lob30yahoocom@
> 203.26.24.228:
>
>> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC2F034A21lob30yahoocom@
>> 203.26.24.228:
>>
>>> Your only friends in the world are members of the "arcade community"...
>>
>> Even your wife is a member of the "Arcade Community"...
>

> Your dog's name is Tron.

My (not mine really ;-) provider here is Videotron, eh.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 5, 2005 11:11:05 PM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC2F034A21lob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> Your only friends in the world are members of the "arcade community"...

Even your wife is a member of the "Arcade Community"...

lob
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:11:55 PM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC3151C506lob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC2F034A21lob30yahoocom@
> 203.26.24.228:
>
>> Your only friends in the world are members of the "arcade community"...
>
> Even your wife is a member of the "Arcade Community"...

Your dog's name is Tron.

lob
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:12:38 PM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC3392EC8Clob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in
> 203.26.24.228:
>
>> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in
>> 203.26.24.228:
>>
>>> Your only friends in the world are members of the "arcade
community"...

>> Even your wife is a member of the "Arcade Community"...
>

> Your dog's name is Tron.

Cats: Galaga and Pheonix
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:12:39 PM

lob wrote:
> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:Xns964DC3392EC8Clob30yahoocom@ 203.26.24.228:
>
>> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in
>> 203.26.24.228:
>>
>>> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in
>>> 203.26.24.228:

>>> Even your wife is a member of the "Arcade Community"...
>>
>> Your dog's name is Tron.
>
> Cats: Galaga and Pheonix

Oooh , nice idea. I need to think of a name for one of my new kittens (the
other is called Morbo)
--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:30:11 PM

On 2005-05-05, Jeff-B <mameburner@NOSPAM.monstarcade.com> wrote:

> ... you sell one of your MAME cabs to a friend for less than what it
> cost you to actually build it - just so it will be at his house for
> you to play whenever you're over.

... then donate one to your local watering hole so you can drink beer,
smoke fags and play MAME without getting bitched at all the time...

--
For every expert, there is an equal but opposite expert
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:31:46 PM

lob wrote:
> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC192AC824lob30yahoocom@
> 203.26.24.228:
>

>>You know you MAME too much when...
>

> On a visit to Wellington Zoo [New Zealand], you demand to know why there's
> no arcade machine enclosure.
>
> lob

At the zoo, the last exhibit is closed, and you get pissed that you wont
be able to beat the end guy.

--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."

Even the 'end of the world' isn't enough to drag you away from Defender.

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:43:57 AM

The world's weather patterns change for the worse as God tries to compete
with Defender and Robotron...

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:47:36 AM

You believe the conspiracy that the main motive behind the Iraq war was not
W.M.D. or Oil, but to provide the factual basis for a new arcade game:
Commando II.

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:50:21 AM

You haven't masturbated in over 2 years...
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:52:16 AM

You regard Television as "that substitute for a pc or arcade monitor"

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:54:57 AM

Crossing a busy road is just an excuse to play Frogger

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:58:03 AM

Your near-new 200 GB HD is already fill

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:02:15 AM

"gooroo" <af605@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1115290631.155498.297290
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> lob wrote:
>> Crossing a busy road is just an excuse to play Frogger
>

> None of these are even remotely funny, you idiot.

Yeah, frogger wasn't that funny. I suspect though you're just pissed off at
the Iraq War joke. Next time try not to make it so obvious, you moronic
bible-bashin mormon bush-lovin prankster you....

lob ;-)
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:08:37 AM

Jesus descends from heaven to secretly play Robotron on your mame cab late
at night.

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:09:57 AM

You clock everything
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:11:05 AM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DD73C930B9lob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> You clock everything

meanwhile gooroo hasn't even figured out how to "insert coin"...
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:16:49 AM

you develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from playing Commando

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:21:17 AM

You get 'MAME' tatooed across you fingers
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:22:54 AM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DD9283DB33lob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> You get 'MAME' tatooed across you fingers

and G A L A X I A N across your chest
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:26:03 AM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC192AC824lob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

Your #1 sexual fantasy involves Pacgal and Lara Croft together...
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:26:04 AM

In a parallel universe, Anti-lob said exactly the opposite of:

> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC192AC824lob30yahoocom@
> 203.26.24.228:
>

> Your #1 sexual fantasy involves Pacgal and Lara Croft together...

You play Pretty Soldier for the gameplay.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:28:09 AM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DC192AC824lob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

You write the first book on "mame postions" for more interesting and
challenging game-play

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:32:24 AM

> You write the first book on "mame postions" for more interesting and
> challenging game-play

In your follow up book, Tantra Mame, you discuss the tantric secrets of a
slowed-down longer lasting game-play with improved high scores.

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:32:25 AM

In a parallel universe, Anti-lob said exactly the opposite of:

>> You write the first book on "mame postions" for more interesting and
>> challenging game-play
>

> In your follow up book, Tantra Mame, you discuss the tantric secrets
> of a slowed-down longer lasting game-play with improved high scores.

In order to experience each and every frame fully, you play on a 486
without frameskip.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:37:59 AM

The Homicide Squad arrives at your house

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:51:28 AM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns964DDBFD55C5Alob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> The Homicide Squad arrives at your house

As people in your neighbourhood lie wounded or dead from gun shot wounds
and the police yell out "drop the gun or we'll shoot" it dawns on you that
'yeah, maybe there is a connection between arcade games and violence.'

lob
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:56:22 AM

"gooroo" <af605@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1115294014.167092.237080
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> It won't be funny either, you spamming son of a bitch.

Yeah, "sad" would be a better description...
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 1:56:23 AM

In a parallel universe, Anti-lob said exactly the opposite of:

> "gooroo" <af605@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1115294014.167092.237080
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>
>> It won't be funny either, you spamming son of a bitch.
>>

> Yeah, "sad" would be a better description...

No, 'furiously unintentionally hilarious' is an even better description!

*-) K.os, you MAME too much when you find all of lob's posts perfectly
normal.
--
!