Ipaq 3870, Linksys WPC11 version 3 wireless networking

July 25, 2004 10:07:18 PM

I posted this request a weeks ago, I got some advice but unfortunately
have had no sucess in wireless networking to my laptop, which is in
turn wireless networked to my PC. At one point I did manage to get the
Ipaq to ActiveSync but it wasn't able to access the Internet. I have
since found out that this may not be possible but that doesn't bother
me too much, however I would like to be able to ActiveSync again.
Could someone please furnish me with the correct settings for both the
Ipaq and the Laptop?
TIA

Howard
To email please remove "packaging"
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 26, 2004 3:26:16 AM

Basically if your using 802.11b. Make sure that both machines have valid IP
addresses.
Then, using VxUtils ping the other machine and make sure you can connect.
Then finally set the ip of the machine you want to active sync with as your
WINS Server, in your card's networking properties. If you have Internet
Connection Sharing, yo ushould be able to access the internet.

Steve R

!