XBox "consumer guide"

G

in reference to
<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/02q1/020204/index.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/02q1/020204/index.html</A>

so, tom, or whoever exactly wrote that "consumer guide" ...is the pile of money microsoft gave you comfy? you sleeping nicely on it?

that was a crappy "guide" and should have been labeled a damn editorial, with a handful of "fact" mixed in.

::<i>harder - better - faster - stronger</i>::

G

Agreed, mc17.

I just can't believe it took 4 people to rewrite a Microsoft press release.

G

Doesn't anyone else(than me) think that the memory bandwith of Xbox is badly insufficient.
Surely the PS2 is taking the advantage on long run. And if you take the Halo for example the framerate of 10 is not impressive.

G

you're right. that's exactly what it is. a re-written MS press release.

HEY TOM! ...i hope you can hear me up there! KISS MY ASS!

tfbww

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2001
Yeah, there was absolutely none of the even-handedness I expect from a Tom's "review." Just saying it's a "must have" and here are the 11 games to get is just silly.

The controller is definitely a personal preference -- IMO you need bear paws / Andre the Giant hands to adequately grip it. And I don't think I'm the only one since 3rd parties have already started to release smaller versions.

There are lots of good games on PS2 to compete on just about every front with XBox at this point -- if not exceed it. An installed base that's around 4x that of XBox ensures developers will pay very close attention to it, regardless of how steep a learning curve the SDK has. This ensures longevity of the product. (Not that microsoft will stop pumping cash into xbox)

If I were buying a console today, I would be seriously torn btwn XBox and PS2. That these reviewers came away without any second thought speaks to their objectivity.

-------------------------------------
Nature abhors a moron. -- HL Mencken

FatBurger

Illustrious
So how about if you email the author(s) and let them know how you feel? You're more likely to get a response.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

i think i'll do that.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Good, we usually have quite a few threads from people complaining about the reviews and not doing anything about it :wink:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>