Upgraded RAM in HP Pavilion ze5501us

Hi,

I added an additional 512mb ram to my existing 256mb ram. The system does
recognise the new ram(shows up in the setup), but it seems gcasdtserv.exe(MS
Antispyware, i presume) has problems recognising it. Once it flashed to run
ckdsk utility, it ran successfully. The problem is the blue screen, which
pops up every now and then and closes my system.

Can someone suggest me a solution, to the increased number of blue screens,
popping up and closing my system down.
--
Hemant Singh
Software Programmer

    Looks like a memory compatability problem. Not knowing what ram you have
    installed (brand,speed etc) it is difficult to diagnose. How are the memory
    settings in the system BIOs set?

    "hemant" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I added an additional 512mb ram to my existing 256mb ram. The system does
    > recognise the new ram(shows up in the setup), but it seems gcasdtserv.exe(MS
    > Antispyware, i presume) has problems recognising it. Once it flashed to run
    > ckdsk utility, it ran successfully. The problem is the blue screen, which
    > pops up every now and then and closes my system.
    >
    > Can someone suggest me a solution, to the increased number of blue screens,
    > popping up and closing my system down.
    > --
    > Hemant Singh
    > Software Programmer

    Most boards these days,one has to add ram with the same size as to existing
    ram already installed.Usually the board won't even start with diffrent
    sizes,also
    if the board does allow for this,it will/can cause it to run off only one
    ram card,
    usually it will only use the smaller size card,leaving the other
    innactive.Either
    way,you should/might try,power off,remove the battery,move the CMOS jumper
    pin from 1-2 position to 2-3 for 1 1/2 -2 minutes,then back to 1-2,replace
    the
    battery,start computer.This resets the CMOS.

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 05:17:06 -0700, hemant wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I added an additional 512mb ram to my existing 256mb ram. The system does
    > recognise the new ram(shows up in the setup), but it seems gcasdtserv.exe(MS
    > Antispyware, i presume) has problems recognising it. Once it flashed to run
    > ckdsk utility, it ran successfully. The problem is the blue screen, which
    > pops up every now and then and closes my system.
    >
    > Can someone suggest me a solution, to the increased number of blue screens,
    > popping up and closing my system down.

    Other than satisfying minimum system requirements, MS AntiSpyware really
    doesn't care how much memory you have installed.

    The manual for your laptop:
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00246219.pdf

    It states that if the wrong kind of memory is installed, it will not boot.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

RAM HP Pavilion Windows XP