  • External Storage
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 12, 2005 2:07:42 PM

My external hard drive quit working on Win XP. It is only used for storage
and so has no operating system on it. It did work great. I know the USB port
is working, and here is the catch; it works great with Win Millennium.
Something got corrupted on the heard drive as far as XP is concerned. Does
anyone know how to correct this problem. Even educated suggestions are
welcome.
--
Sincerely & thanks,
Dick

More about : external storage hard drive

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:26:53 AM

Dick, try disconnect all your USB devices. Then rt click
MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>View>Show Hidden
Devices>USB Controllers>rt click on each one and choose Uninstall. Restart
and let
WinXP reinstall them. Reconnect the Devices.
news:o WZP2c0nFHA.3564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...