external storage hard drive

My external hard drive quit working on Win XP. It is only used for storage
and so has no operating system on it. It did work great. I know the USB port
is working, and here is the catch; it works great with Win Millennium.
Something got corrupted on the heard drive as far as XP is concerned. Does
anyone know how to correct this problem. Even educated suggestions are
welcome.
--
Sincerely & thanks,
Dick

    Dick, try disconnect all your USB devices. Then rt click
    MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>View>Show Hidden
    Devices>USB Controllers>rt click on each one and choose Uninstall. Restart
    and let
    WinXP reinstall them. Reconnect the Devices.
    "Dick" <rlb@echomatrix.net> wrote in message
    > My external hard drive quit working on Win XP. It is only used for storage
    > and so has no operating system on it. It did work great. I know the USB
    > port is working, and here is the catch; it works great with Win
    > Millennium. Something got corrupted on the heard drive as far as XP is
    > concerned. Does anyone know how to correct this problem. Even educated
    > suggestions are welcome.
    > --
    > Sincerely & thanks,
    > Dick