Best overclocking fan?

I finally got my Athlon 2600+ to do a 11x200MHz. POST recognised this as a
3200+!!! Yipeeeeeeeee!!!

But during booting Windows XP stage it would go blank and reboot.

I checked the temp and it was way over 50C...reached about 62C then it when
unstable. My idle temp is 38C so over 50C is absolutely %£$"%% "^£^"£%£.

I'm using a stock fan and I know I need a better fan. Which one should I
consider?

Thanks! :)
4 answers Last reply
More about best overclocking

    "Humja" <Dude@Freeserver.com> wrote in message

    Ops sorry I meant to say, best overclocking *heatsink and fan* :)

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:15:16 +0100, Humja wrote:

    > "Humja" <Dude@Freeserver.com> wrote in message
    >
    > Ops sorry I meant to say, best overclocking *heatsink and fan* :)

    Hmmm.... Much left to ones own intepretations of the best here. If you
    just want something that's good, quiet and cheap, I'd say the TR2-M1 for
    about $10. If you are looking for extreme air cooling, I'd probably say a
    Thermalright with a large (92mm) powerful fan. Cost maybe about $60.

    "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message

    > Hmmm.... Much left to ones own intepretations of the best here. If you
    > just want something that's good, quiet and cheap, I'd say the TR2-M1 for
    > about $10. If you are looking for extreme air cooling, I'd probably say a
    > Thermalright with a large (92mm) powerful fan. Cost maybe about $60.

    I basically want something that is well balanced between sound and
    performance. I guess I will go for an 80mm one with copper base. A 92mm
    would is too big and large fans have bigger dead-zones I heard :S

    The "bigger dead-zones" would be because of the larger fan motors. The thing is
    I'm sure the
    increased CFM's would more than make up for this. Also the top-peforming 92mm
    fans have a sort of manifold which twists/directs the air towards the center.
    If you've ever felt the output from a Vantec Tornado 92mm you'd know these
    "dead-zones" don't exist.

    >I basically want something that is well balanced between sound and
    >performance. I guess I will go for an 80mm one with copper base. A 92mm
    >would is too big and large fans have bigger dead-zones I heard :S

AMD Overclocking Fan