Lexmark Z42

I have a Lexmark Z42 printer that I would like to keep on as a secondary
printer. But, it has stopped communicating with my PC. The USB connection
doesn't work although other USB devices will run fine off of the port. I
tried hooking up the printer with standard (ECP) parallel port cable but
still get the communication error (failure).

--
Semper Fi
Jack LaBrecque

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis,
Fratres Aeterni, Per Mare, Per Terram

Proud parent of the Sergeant of
Marines that your Honor Student
was terrified of after he joined
the United States Marine Corps

steven

I would make sure the printer driver's port is set for the USB in your
computer. Start, Control Panel, Printers. Find your printer then right
mouse click. Click on Properties. Click on the Ports tab. Here is
where you need to make sure the USB port is being used for this
printer. I hope this helps.

The printer was working off of the USB port. I started getting a message
that the computer wasn't communicating with the printer. I tried a
different USB cable with the same results. Then I reconfigured it for the
parallel printer port and got the same thing. I suspect the problem must be
in the printer itself. I checked all cables and ports on the PC with other
USB and parallel devices and everything works fine.

--
Semper Fi
Jack LaBrecque
USMC-1842692
JITB's Home Page:
http://home.att.net/~jitb/
JITB's USMC Page:
http://home.att.net/~jitb/usmc/usmc.htm
PFC Edward A. Peterson:
http://home.att.net/~jitb/ed/pete.htm

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis,
Fratres Aeterni, Per Mare, Per Terram

Proud parent of the Sergeant of
Marines that your Honor Student
was terrified of after he joined
the United States Marine Corps

steven

I agree with your analysis. If you are able to take this printer and
attach it to another computer and it still does not work, I agree... The
printer is toast!