How to jumper external USB harddiscs ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

How do I have to jumper 3,5 hard discs inside external USB boxes?

Master or Slave?

What, if there are more than 1 external USB hard disc. Should they be different in jumpering?

A.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Anan H. Samiti" <anan22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42fe33cf$0$6992$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net...
> How do I have to jumper 3,5 hard discs inside external USB boxes?
>
> Master or Slave?

Master

> What, if there are more than 1 external USB hard disc. Should they be different in jumpering?

No, jumper them all as master.
Just don't forget to re-jumper properly when you ever connect these disks to internal IDE.

--PA