Questions about RAID on Asus K8V SE Deluxe...

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2004 7:27:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

I have an Ausu K8V SE Deluxe.

I currently have 2 PATA drives....200GB Maxtor and 250GB WD installed in the
system already..

I just bought 2 SATA Maxtor 250GB drives.

I would like to stripe these 2 drives. The Asus board has 2 sets of 2 SATA
ports. Which ones should I use for the new drives ? Does one of the
controllers offer better performance?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2004 7:08:34 PM

"ZigZag Master" <ZigZagSPAMMYMaster@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an Ausu K8V SE Deluxe.
>
> I currently have 2 PATA drives....200GB Maxtor and 250GB WD installed in
the
> system already..
>
> I just bought 2 SATA Maxtor 250GB drives.
>
> I would like to stripe these 2 drives. The Asus board has 2 sets of 2
SATA
> ports. Which ones should I use for the new drives ? Does one of the
> controllers offer better performance?
>
> Thanks

Read the Booklet or Documents that came with your Motherboard. This will
tell you how to accomplish this by setting up Raid 0 and where to connect
the SATA Drives too. Just connect both Drives up to the 1st or 2nd Set of
SATA Controller(s) and follow the instructions in the motherboard book or
RAID setup booklet.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 22, 2004 1:24:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

I have an old version 1 K8V Deluxe and I have found that the Promise
controller gives far better performance than the integrated VIA offering.
The boot time is about 10 seconds slower but I can put up with this to get
the extra speed in use.

--
Cheers,

Kayf

**e-mail does not work - please respond to group**

!