Best MB for 64 bit amd processor

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2004 10:01:38 PM

Hi all,

I am planning on going ahead and upgrading to 64 bit mb and amd processor.
My last 2 mb have been Asus, and have been very happy with them - my current
is the A7N8X Deluxe V2.0

I do not need nor want onboard video, don't need onboard sound although I
know I can disable it easily enough.

Any good recommendations on a currrent 64 bit amd motherboard?

Thanks,

--
Don Burnette

More about : bit amd processor

August 27, 2004 2:23:34 AM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:01:38 -0500, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am planning on going ahead and upgrading to 64 bit mb and amd processor.
>My last 2 mb have been Asus, and have been very happy with them - my current
>is the A7N8X Deluxe V2.0
>
>I do not need nor want onboard video, don't need onboard sound although I
>know I can disable it easily enough.
>
>Any good recommendations on a currrent 64 bit amd motherboard?
>
>Thanks,

Which 64bit socket, the 754 or the 939, probally dont want 940. Best in way of
what cost of featuers? Im sure if you look at the ASUS boards on their homepage
you can find one for whichever socket your looking for the 754 or the 939.
Features and otherwise

http://www.asus.com/products/mb/mbindex.htm
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 27, 2004 3:43:31 PM

The 939 will offer more performance,and also has has dual channel memory. The
939 cost more,the cheapest one right now is the 3500 for $355 at zip zoom
fly.but AMD is suppose to lower prices on these any day. DOUG
a b K Overclocking
August 27, 2004 9:56:14 PM

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:43:31 +0000, Courseyauto wrote:

> The 939 will offer more performance,and also has has dual channel memory. The
> 939 cost more,the cheapest one right now is the 3500 for $355 at zip zoom
> fly.but AMD is suppose to lower prices on these any day. DOUG

Just a note. The only difference between 754 and 939 is the dual channel
ram. That's it, period. Performance wise with like clocked cpu will range
from 0% to maybe 5%, depending the bandwidth requirement of the software
application you are using. The only reason to go the more expensive route
would be if you run the apps that need the bandwidth or if you need
upgrade capabilties above a 3700+ cpu, which is the fastest that will be
made for the 754 last I checked. Otherwise, save your money and get 754.

a b K Overclocking
August 30, 2004 12:37:50 PM

i have the ABIT KV8-MAX3 mb with a amd 64 3000+,
and it's a verry good and stabile machine

!