o/c & soundcard midi clock

When overclocking the bus, could that throw the sound card off as far as
midi clock or bitrate?

I have a sb live.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

"Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message
> When overclocking the bus, could that throw the sound card off as far as
> midi clock or bitrate?
>
> I have a sb live.

have you locked the PCI bus if your board support it? Soundcards are, IMO,
the first thing to start getting dodgy when overclocking.

hamman

"Hamman" <none@example.com> wrote
> have you locked the PCI bus if your board support it? Soundcards are, IMO,
> the first thing to start getting dodgy when overclocking.

I can't lock it and so far I've just played with the multiplier on my mobile
using cpu msr software, though it is pin-modded to 1660 mhz.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Ed Light wrote:
> When overclocking the bus, could that throw the sound card off as far
> as midi clock or bitrate?

Although I don't know, I'd say it COULD do so on low-end or onboard sound
cards which may use the PCI clock ad a divider. I'd guess that the high-end
soundcards would have an onboard crystal for generating their own timings.
The only way to tell for sure would be to try it out and see if you get
corrupted data.

[...]

--
Michael Brown