using a flash memory (removable drive)

I need transfer important data from one PC to another. The data amount is
not large: portions near 120 -150MB. Using FTP is not
conveniently since there are slow internet connection.
Is the copying data into flash memory (removable drive) reliable way for
short keeping(up to 24h) and transfering data? I need transfer my data
without any changing - byte-to-byte. What is more reliable way, flash memory
or write data into CDROm?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about using flash memory removable drive

    USB Flash Drives
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keydrive

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    > USB Flash Drives
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keydrive
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Antares" wrote:
    >
    > | I need transfer important data from one PC to another. The data amount
    > is
    > | not large: portions near 120 -150MB. Using FTP is not
    > | conveniently since there are slow internet connection.
    > | Is the copying data into flash memory (removable drive) reliable way for
    > | short keeping(up to 24h) and transfering data? I need transfer my data
    > | without any changing - byte-to-byte. What is more reliable way, flash
    > memory
    > | or write data into CDROm?
    > |
    > | Thanks
    Yes I know, that this USB Flash Drives. My question is this USB Flash Drives
    reliable way for short keeping(up to 24h) and transfering data important
    data(byte-to-byte)? I want be sure that data is unchanged.

    Antares wrote:

    >> USB Flash Drives
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keydrive
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> "Antares" wrote:
    >>
    >> | I need transfer important data from one PC to another. The data
    >> | amount
    >> is
    >> | not large: portions near 120 -150MB. Using FTP is not
    >> | conveniently since there are slow internet connection.
    >> | Is the copying data into flash memory (removable drive) reliable
    >> | way for short keeping(up to 24h) and transfering data? I need
    >> | transfer my data without any changing - byte-to-byte. What is more
    >> | reliable way, flash
    >> memory
    >> | or write data into CDROm?
    >> |
    >> | Thanks
    > Yes I know, that this USB Flash Drives. My question is this USB Flash
    > Drives reliable way for short keeping(up to 24h) and transfering data
    > important data(byte-to-byte)? I want be sure that data is unchanged.

    You got lots of answers (and the answer is "yes") in the other group to
    which you posted this question. Please don't multipost; crosspost
    judiciously if you must.

    http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
    crossposting

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

Internet Connection Flash Memory Windows XP