Computer Repeatedly Restart

August 15, 2005 3:35:36 PM

I have a windows based computer. My computer repeatedly restart after
detected my IDE device, before it go to boot device.

Is anyone have any ideas how it can be like that.

Reallr appreciate,
Abi

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Computer-Repeated...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1357774
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:35:37 AM

"hurairah01" wrote:
> I have a windows based computer. My computer repeatedly
> restart after detected my IDE device, before it go to boot
> device.
>
> Is anyone have any ideas how it can be like that.
>
> Reallr appreciate,
> Abi

Can you explain what is ribbon cable? Is it the IDE cable? Is it means
I have to make a single IDE cable, in this case the Hard drive boots?
Is it the display cards possibly cause this problem?
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:17:01 AM

Have you recently installed the device or changed ANYTHING?

If not then I'd suggest removing just the ribbon cable and see if boots
then. I gather the problem device isn't your boot drive?

DebB