I have just bought a new laptop computer. I have a Garmin ETrex Vista which
has a serial connector. I have bought a serial to USB adapter and installed
the latest Prolific USB to Serial Com Port driver. I am using Memeroy Map and
Anquet Map software. The system works perfectly on my desktop computer but on
my new laptop when I try to load or unload routes to the GPS I receive the
error message

"Unknown Garmin Timeout sending packet 10. Timeout sending packet 254"

Any suggestions please.

"Blunderside" wrote:

> I have just bought a new laptop computer. I have a Garmin ETrex Vista which
> has a serial connector. I have bought a serial to USB adapter and installed
> the latest Prolific USB to Serial Com Port driver. I am using Memeroy Map and
> Anquet Map software. The system works perfectly on my desktop computer but on
> my new laptop when I try to load or unload routes to the GPS I receive the
> error message
>
> "Unknown Garmin Timeout sending packet 10. Timeout sending packet 254"
>
> Any suggestions please.

PROBLEM NOW SOLVED BY ADDITION OF A USB NOTEBOOK CARD