No sound on resume from standby

My husband's computer has a problem. When his computer resumes from standby
he has no sound. A reboot fixes the problem.

I have been searching the net for days for a solution. I have read a number
of posts from other Dell users who have this problem.

Dell Inspiron 1100 (intel celeron 2 ghz cpu / 256k ram)
System information says it's a SigmaTel card. I downloaded all the updated
drivers from the Dell web site, including the bios the other day to see if
it would help. Today I went to the SigmaTel website and they say they don't
manufacturer sound cards. They just supply the drivers to maufacturers and
to go to the manufacturers site for an updated driver.

Any suggestions?
Lisa

Talk to Dell tech support.

Lisa wrote:

> My husband's computer has a problem. When his computer resumes from standby
> he has no sound. A reboot fixes the problem.
>
> I have been searching the net for days for a solution. I have read a number
> of posts from other Dell users who have this problem.
>
> Dell Inspiron 1100 (intel celeron 2 ghz cpu / 256k ram)
> System information says it's a SigmaTel card. I downloaded all the updated
> drivers from the Dell web site, including the bios the other day to see if
> it would help. Today I went to the SigmaTel website and they say they don't
> manufacturer sound cards. They just supply the drivers to maufacturers and
> to go to the manufacturers site for an updated driver.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Lisa

TRENDING THREADS