UNlocked 2800+, NF7s , need settings to oc...

Paul

Splendid

I have an unlocked 2800+ barton on an NF7S v. 2 , with 500mb dual channel
Kingston stix(3200), I have an NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4200 with AGP8x card, 450
watts of power an ultra fan and heatsink, rated to 3200. I am running this
with no modifications but would like to do some overclocking. Any
suggestions or recommendations on where to begin for settings would be
greatly appreciated.. TIA

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:05:50 -0400, Paul wrote:

> I have an unlocked 2800+ barton on an NF7S v. 2 , with 500mb dual channel
> Kingston stix(3200), I have an NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4200 with AGP8x card, 450
> watts of power an ultra fan and heatsink, rated to 3200. I am running this
> with no modifications but would like to do some overclocking. Any
> suggestions or recommendations on where to begin for settings would be
> greatly appreciated.. TIA

If it's unlocked, the easiest thing to do would be to just raise the
multiplier. I'm pretty sure that boards supports lower and upper
multipliers (over 12.5). Try 13, then 13.5, etc. Raise vcore as required.

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:05:50 -0400, Paul wrote:
>
>> I have an unlocked 2800+ barton on an NF7S v. 2 , with 500mb dual channel
>> Kingston stix(3200), I have an NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4200 with AGP8x card,
>> 450
>> watts of power an ultra fan and heatsink, rated to 3200. I am running
>> this
>> with no modifications but would like to do some overclocking. Any
>> suggestions or recommendations on where to begin for settings would be
>> greatly appreciated.. TIA
>>
> If it's unlocked, the easiest thing to do would be to just raise the
> multiplier. I'm pretty sure that boards supports lower and upper
> multipliers (over 12.5). Try 13, then 13.5, etc. Raise vcore as required.

or ur best solution is to set it to 11 multiplier and 200mhz FSB so that ur
ram is running at rated speed of PC3200
u get 2.21ghz and no voltage increase.. I got a mate with ur same config. i
have a 2500 @ 3200.

--
Almeyda

AMD2500XP @3200XP-11X200-2.21Ghz |
A7N8X-E Deluxe | Corsair TWINX1024 XMS3200XL 5-2-2-2 DualChannel |
HIS Excalibur 9800XT 256mb @459/398 (Omegas 2.5.67 & ATI tool 0.21 No
Artifacts)
1x80GB SATA Seagate 8mg cache | 2x40GB ATA Seagate |
SB AudigyES | ANTEC SuperLanboy 350 Case (350W SmartBlue PS) |
Doom3 @ 1024x768 Ultra High, all visuals on. (Demo1 = 43fps vcard not
o'clocked)

TRENDING THREADS