Athlon 64, what is your temp ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Hi,

I'm using an Athlon 64 3000+ with the original boxed cooler. At 100% cpu
time, asus probe tells me the temp is 50 Celcius...

What's your's ?

Bye, Peter
8 answers Last reply
More about athlon temp
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:34:40 +0200, Peter wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using an Athlon 64 3000+ with the original boxed cooler. At 100% cpu
    > time, asus probe tells me the temp is 50 Celcius...
    >
    > What's your's ?
    >
    > Bye, Peter

    You are lucky to have such a relatively low 100% CPU temp with the stock
    fan. If that is your situation do not change anything - fans, position of
    computer, nothing Be happy, relax and enjoy your computer and don't get
    caught up in overclocker petty worries that often pervade this newsgroup.

    Larry Gagnon, A+ certified tech.

    --
    ********************************
    to reply via email remove "fake"
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:34:40 +0200, Peter wrote:

    > I'm using an Athlon 64 3000+ with the original boxed cooler. At 100% cpu
    > time, asus probe tells me the temp is 50 Celcius...
    > What's your's ?

    I think mine stayed around 48C, but I have pretty good case cooling, and
    room temp could account for that difference. 50C at 100% usage is good so
    I wouldn't worry about it.

    --
    Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
    http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:29:41 GMT, Wes Newell
    <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

    >On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:34:40 +0200, Peter wrote:
    >
    >> I'm using an Athlon 64 3000+ with the original boxed cooler. At 100% cpu
    >> time, asus probe tells me the temp is 50 Celcius...
    >> What's your's ?
    >
    >I think mine stayed around 48C, but I have pretty good case cooling, and
    >room temp could account for that difference. 50C at 100% usage is good so
    >I wouldn't worry about it.

    Ever notice the max temp on the A64 is rated as 70C Case Temp and not
    Die Temp? If our boards are reading the die then the cpu case temp would
    actually be a tad lower wouldn't it?

    Ed
    --
    A64 3200+(2.2/512K) @ 2420MHz/1.60v
    AMD stock all ALU heatsink with TMD fan.
    Room Temp: 24C
    CPU die: 49C peek.(prime95 fpu stress-1 hour)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:34:40 +0200, "Peter" <mpsyn@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm using an Athlon 64 3000+ with the original boxed cooler. At 100% cpu
    >time, asus probe tells me the temp is 50 Celcius...
    >
    >What's your's ?
    >
    >Bye, Peter
    >


    amd64 2800 with aftermarket heatsink low/mid 40's under load depending
    on fan and case fan speeds.

    You sound about right.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:13:53 -0500, Ed wrote:

    > Ever notice the max temp on the A64 is rated as 70C Case Temp and not
    > Die Temp? If our boards are reading the die then the cpu case temp would
    > actually be a tad lower wouldn't it?
    >
    The ones without the heat spreader (case), like the mobiles, are rated at
    85C IIRC. I assume the 15C difference is to account for the spreader.

    --
    Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
    http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:17:30 GMT, Wes Newell
    <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

    >On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:13:53 -0500, Ed wrote:
    >
    >> Ever notice the max temp on the A64 is rated as 70C Case Temp and not
    >> Die Temp? If our boards are reading the die then the cpu case temp would
    >> actually be a tad lower wouldn't it?
    >>
    >The ones without the heat spreader (case), like the mobiles, are rated at
    >85C IIRC. I assume the 15C difference is to account for the spreader.

    I wonder what would happen if you clipped off a couple of the heat
    spreader corners with a dremel wheel. Vent a little hot air.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    MSI K8n Neo Platinum, Athlon 64 3200+ (Newcastle) O/C @2506, Hyper 6
    Coolermaster.
    In a 26C Room, Running Seti 100% load, Case 40C - CPU 53C At idle Case
    39C - CPU 45C
    That is with a nice Overclock.

    Andy - Waiting on my X800


    "Peter" <mpsyn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:413597b6$0$65124$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using an Athlon 64 3000+ with the original boxed cooler. At 100% cpu
    > time, asus probe tells me the temp is 50 Celcius...
    >
    > What's your's ?
    >
    > Bye, Peter
    >
    >
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:06:25 -0700, buzzzz wrote:

    >On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:17:30 GMT, Wes Newell
    ><w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:13:53 -0500, Ed wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ever notice the max temp on the A64 is rated as 70C Case Temp and not
    >>> Die Temp? If our boards are reading the die then the cpu case temp would
    >>> actually be a tad lower wouldn't it?
    >>>
    >>The ones without the heat spreader (case), like the mobiles, are rated at
    >>85C IIRC. I assume the 15C difference is to account for the spreader.
    >
    >I wonder what would happen if you clipped off a couple of the heat
    >spreader corners with a dremel wheel. Vent a little hot air.
    >

    Might as well just take the heat spreader off completely, even then you
    won't get much more MHz out of them, I'd sooner buy a VaporChill then
    hack my CPU. ;p

    Ed
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Overclocking Hardware