XP reads my DVD burner as a Normal CD

When I use to go to the properties on my DVD burner, I use to be able to go
to properties and on the record tab select Burn CD's. No when I go to my
burner the properties look just like my CD does. Any help. Thank you in
advance.

XP does noy do DVD burns natively. You must use other software is you want
to create DVDs. Some softwares that work well are: Ahead's Nero and
Sonic's Roxio Easy Media Creator.

"Mike Busch" <MikeBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I use to go to the properties on my DVD burner, I use to be able to
> go
> to properties and on the record tab select Burn CD's. No when I go to my
> burner the properties look just like my CD does. Any help. Thank you in
> advance.

I refer to it as a DVD burner becuase it is in fact a DVD burner, but it also
burns CD's. I can not burn a CD by putting in blank media and haveing a box
appear, and state I go to the drive, drop data, and click burn to disk. This
is not an options. I have some how lost this feature.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> XP does noy do DVD burns natively. You must use other software is you want
> to create DVDs. Some softwares that work well are: Ahead's Nero and
> Sonic's Roxio Easy Media Creator.
>

> "Mike Busch" <MikeBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I use to go to the properties on my DVD burner, I use to be able to
> > go
> > to properties and on the record tab select Burn CD's. No when I go to my
> > burner the properties look just like my CD does. Any help. Thank you in
> > advance.

Bud

"Mike Busch" <MikeBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I use to go to the properties on my DVD burner, I use to be able to
> go
> to properties and on the record tab select Burn CD's. No when I go to my
> burner the properties look just like my CD does. Any help. Thank you in
> advance.

Try going to,
run the scripts on line 23 or maybe 42 (allow) right side

OK! Head over the Kelly's Korner web page. You should be able to find a
"tweak" to restore the Recording tab (when you right click on the burner's
icon in "My Computer").

>I refer to it as a DVD burner becuase it is in fact a DVD burner, but it
>also
> burns CD's. I can not burn a CD by putting in blank media and haveing a
> box
> appear, and state I go to the drive, drop data, and click burn to disk.
> This
> is not an options. I have some how lost this feature.
>
> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>
>> XP does noy do DVD burns natively. You must use other software is you
>> want
>> to create DVDs. Some softwares that work well are: Ahead's Nero and
>> Sonic's Roxio Easy Media Creator.
>>

>> "Mike Busch" <MikeBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I use to go to the properties on my DVD burner, I use to be able
>> > go
>> > to properties and on the record tab select Burn CD's. No when I go to
>> > my
>> > burner the properties look just like my CD does. Any help. Thank you in
>> > advance.

Went there, downloaded a twek called Enable, Disable CD burning. Installed
still did not work. Right Click drive, select properties and receive the
following tabs, Auto Play, General, sharing and hardware. The same as I get
when I look at the properties on my DVD player.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> OK! Head over the Kelly's Korner web page. You should be able to find a
> "tweak" to restore the Recording tab (when you right click on the burner's
> icon in "My Computer").
>

> "Mike Busch" <MikeBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I refer to it as a DVD burner becuase it is in fact a DVD burner, but it
> >also
> > burns CD's. I can not burn a CD by putting in blank media and haveing a
> > box
> > appear, and state I go to the drive, drop data, and click burn to disk.
> > This
> > is not an options. I have some how lost this feature.
> >
> > "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
> >
> >> XP does noy do DVD burns natively. You must use other software is you
> >> want
> >> to create DVDs. Some softwares that work well are: Ahead's Nero and
> >> Sonic's Roxio Easy Media Creator.
> >>

> >> "Mike Busch" <MikeBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,
I guess the tweak should be doing this for you, but have a look at "MS
Enable CD Recording"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529

hope this sorts it.

Neil