Pacifi3D: The real Pacman in real 3D!

Last response: in Video Games
May 6, 2005 5:00:30 PM

Hi all,

I haven't seen this being mentioned here ... another of the
wonders of emulation, and one of the weirdest MAME spin-offs:
Pacman in true 3D! Runs with the original Pacman ROMs. Simply
incredible as it literally adds a new dimension to that 20+
years old game.

http://pacifi3d.retrogames.com/pacifi3d/index.html

Have fun
Wolfram
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 5:00:31 PM

Wolfram Roesler thought about it a bit, then said...
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't seen this being mentioned here ... another of the
> wonders of emulation, and one of the weirdest MAME spin-offs:
> Pacman in true 3D! Runs with the original Pacman ROMs. Simply
> incredible as it literally adds a new dimension to that 20+
> years old game.
>
> http://pacifi3d.retrogames.com/pacifi3d/index.html

Very cool. Thanks for posting the link!

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Wolfram Roesler wrote on 06. May 2005:

> I haven't seen this being mentioned here ... another of the
> wonders of emulation, and one of the weirdest MAME spin-offs:
> Pacman in true 3D! Runs with the original Pacman ROMs. Simply
> incredible as it literally adds a new dimension to that 20+
> years old game.
>
> http://pacifi3d.retrogames.com/pacifi3d/index.html

i like it when you die because aten by a ghost, and see his big eyes. :-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;

Yeah awesome you play true PAC-MAN in 3D

Stop stuff1

I would like to have for MS PAC-MAN and JR and Baby...
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 5:04:21 AM

Wolfram Roesler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't seen this being mentioned here ... another of the
> wonders of emulation, and one of the weirdest MAME spin-offs:
> Pacman in true 3D! Runs with the original Pacman ROMs. Simply
> incredible as it literally adds a new dimension to that 20+
> years old game.
>
> http://pacifi3d.retrogames.com/pacifi3d/index.html
>
> Have fun
> Wolfram
Hmm..I cant get it to work :\ Looks cool though. Yes I put the roms in
the right folder :)

--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."

unzip them all in the roms folder.
took me a minute too until i saw "unzip"

i wish it played full speed for me. i'm only running an athlon 1ghz with
little or no 3d acelleration.

k.

"Anti_Freak_Machine" <haywood@jablome.com> wrote in message
news:p Adfe.29576$R46.17139@tornado.socal.rr.com...
> Wolfram Roesler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I haven't seen this being mentioned here ... another of the
> > wonders of emulation, and one of the weirdest MAME spin-offs:
> > Pacman in true 3D! Runs with the original Pacman ROMs. Simply
> > incredible as it literally adds a new dimension to that 20+
> > years old game.
> >
> > http://pacifi3d.retrogames.com/pacifi3d/index.html
> >
> > Have fun
> > Wolfram
> Hmm..I cant get it to work :\ Looks cool though. Yes I put the roms in
> the right folder :)
>
> --
> Super Mike
> "Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."
> [My donkey would like a midget and a yacht, please.]
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 2:13:44 PM

Keith in NJ wrote:
> unzip them all in the roms folder.
> took me a minute too until i saw "unzip"

Ah. K, I'm an idiot. Thanks :)

--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."
[My donkey would like a midget and a yacht, please.]
May 11, 2005 8:29:53 AM

Wolfram Roesler <wr@spam.la> wrote in news:Xns964E8455062EFwrgrpde@
62.153.159.134:

> Hi all,
>
> I haven't seen this being mentioned here ... another of the
> wonders of emulation, and one of the weirdest MAME spin-offs:
> Pacman in true 3D! Runs with the original Pacman ROMs. Simply
> incredible as it literally adds a new dimension to that 20+
> years old game.
>
> http://pacifi3d.retrogames.com/pacifi3d/index.html
>
> Have fun
> Wolfram

From the 'guy with too much free time on his hands dept'.

Very cool...how about Donkey Kong or Asteroids next
!