Laptop can't find DVD/CD-Rom

MY DVD CD Rom was working fine. All of a sudden the computer does not
recognize the drive. Here is the message I get from the device manager:

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot
find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

The device is a Matshita UJDA720 DVD/CDRW
1 answer Last reply
More about laptop find

    Never mind. Found a website that had me go into safe mode, delete the
    device, install a script that I downloaded from the site, rebooted, and now
    it works. FOr those with Matshita UJDA drives to to
    forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/80800

    "jswesq" wrote:

    > MY DVD CD Rom was working fine. All of a sudden the computer does not
    > recognize the drive. Here is the message I get from the device manager:
    >
    > "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot
    > find the hardware device. (Code 41)
    >
    > Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."
    >
    > The device is a Matshita UJDA720 DVD/CDRW

Hardware DVD CD-Rom Devices Windows XP