Laptop can't find DVD/CD-Rom

August 17, 2005 1:11:03 PM

MY DVD CD Rom was working fine. All of a sudden the computer does not
recognize the drive. Here is the message I get from the device manager:

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot
find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

The device is a Matshita UJDA720 DVD/CDRW

More about : laptop find dvd rom

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:08:05 PM

Never mind. Found a website that had me go into safe mode, delete the
device, install a script that I downloaded from the site, rebooted, and now
it works. FOr those with Matshita UJDA drives to to
forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/80800