Can't change Default Monitor in Display Properties

Tags:
  • Monitors
  • Windows XP
  • Displays
a b C Monitor
August 18, 2005 12:47:33 AM

On my Dell 8250, I added a 1800 Flat Panel display and when I went to load
the drivers, I found the Properties button greyed out. I went to device
manager and no monitor was listed not even the Default Monitor. I've looked
all over and can't find a clue on how to ungrey the Properties button. Any
ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Dick

More about : change default monitor display properties

August 18, 2005 10:53:04 AM

It could be that you dont need drivers, in device manager look under devices
by connection in the view menu and then expand the Accelerated Graphics port
see what that gives you
--
Jack Allen

!